</ruleset>
    to the extension.xml file

example:

Code:
    <ruleset>
    <name>5E</name>
    </ruleset>
    For 5th Edition D&D

This stops the extension showing up in other rulesets campaigns.

It's a quick fix, I just added it manually to 6 or 7 extensions that are showing up in my Savage Worlds campaign extension list. But it would be appreciated if it was done by the extension authors.

Many thanks.

Assuming that an extension is just for one specific ruleset, then this is the best practice. However, it's often the case that an extension might work on most CoreRPG based rulesets; in which case it's more efficient and flexible to leave the ruleset option off, or set it to "All". Yes, this means that they'll appear in the list for all rulesets, but this may just be a small inconvenience for providing more flexible generic extensions for those that can be used with multiple rulesets.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah I know. Most of the ones I edited were 5E This and 5E That...

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Yeah I know.
    You know that. But maybe the people you're trying to target with this thread might not be 100% clear on that...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Any extension given or sold to the public should have an author. If they are not legitimately wide open (I know Advantages.ext I have for free in here is and is legit to be that way) the author should be contacted. Even if they legitimately are open to a ruleset and have some bug in one of them - it should be reported to the author. I have some that have partial functionality in other rulesets other than 5E (the only thing I play) but I guard any parts of those extensions that are only valid for a particular ruleset. So for example, if I bungled one of those "guards" for certain functionality - as an author I'd want to be notified of it.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thread Information