DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Chat descriptions

When a PC attacks an NPC the players chat does not say whether it has hit or not.
    The DM chat says whether it hits but also the AC of the target

I dont want the PCs to see the AC of the target, and turn the GM chat off for the players, but I also want the players to immediately know if they hit or not without having to tell them myself everytime

Is this possible?

Thanks

This has been discussed and the solution was found. Unfortunately, it's hasn't been fixed. I made made the changes Zaister suggested and now the roll_attack_hit icon is now correctly displayed and my players do not get to see the NPC's AC. Every time the Starfinder Ruleset is updated I have to remember to edit the ruleset and make the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaister View Post
    After an attack hits, the icon shown in the result entry in the chat window is the roll_attack icon, not the actual roll_attack_hit.

I believe the culprit is line 791 in manager_action_attack.lua, the pattern match does not recognize the text "[HIT vs. xx Defense]" as a hit. I'm not sure why the actualy AC is shown to the players here, so I changed line 646, so that the text inserted in the Messages reads just "[HIT]" (same on line 649 vs CMD). After that the pattern matches, and the correct icon shows up.

I also think the space goblin icons for the various roll_* icons (as well as for the GM portait token) might be outstaying their welcome, now that we do not have goblins in the sidebar anymore. I'd prefer them replaced by something that is more easily distinguishable, like the similar icons in the 3.5e rulset, maybe with a gun icon insterad of a sword, though.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Quote Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
    This has been discussed and the solution was found. Unfortunately, it's hasn't been fixed. I made made the changes Zaister suggested and now the roll_attack_hit icon is now correctly displayed and my players do not get to see the NPC's AC. Every time the Starfinder Ruleset is updated I have to remember to edit the ruleset and make the changes.
    yep, that definitely sorts out the issue

Ill ask if the developers if the core module is being supported

Quote Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
    This is currently the output for the TEST version that is currently available (Excuse the debugs as I was testing something):

Capture.PNG

This can't be pushed till Lighting and Vision are released as those Beta changes are intertwined with this update.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    This is currently the output for the TEST version that is currently available (Excuse the debugs as I was testing something):

Capture.PNG

This can't be pushed till Lighting and Vision are released as those Beta changes are intertwined with this update.
    Quick question in Pathfinder HIT or MISS is shown on the client chat not the DM chat, is this how it will be implemented?
    Thanks again

I verified the output is not showing on the client side. I will add it to my list of things to investigate.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I verified the output is not showing on the client side. I will add it to my list of things to investigate.
    Thanks for this

Keep safe

Barry

Thread Information