5E Character Create Playlist

Thread: Mac issues

Mac issues

Hello, new here. I've been playing with Fantasy Grounds for a while now on my pc laptop and just got a new mac. I want to download fantasy grounds on steam and I don't mind paying the $40 but the rest of my group plays fantasy grounds classic and the only thing available on steam is fantasy grounds unity. Are those the same thing? Will I be able to join my friends on their game? If not, what are my other options?

Thanks so much.

Fantasy Grounds Classic is a 32 bit program, so if you are running the latest OS on Mac, you won’t be able to run FGC. You can install a virtual machine (like Parallels) and run Windows in the VM and then play FGC that way.

Fantasy Grounds Classic is the previous version of the application (3.x).

Fantasy Grounds Unity is the new version of the application (4.x).

NOTE: If you just purchased a new Mac device, it is unlikely you will be able to run Fantasy Grounds Classic on it.

Fantasy Grounds Classic is a 32-bit application, and Apple has removed the 32-bit functionality from macOS Catalina (version 10.15) and later (including Big Sur).

If your friends are on Classic, you will need to use a different device (Windows or Linux) to run it.

Fantasy Grounds Unity has a Native macOS version. However, if your friends are on Classic, Unity cannot connect to Classic. All of the users (GM and Players) need to be on the same version (Unity or Classic).

ok thank you! This is very helpful.

Thread Information