DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Using Skype for video with FGU

I was just wondering if Skype video conference calls -- the UI -- can be collapsed to a strip of small video windows that you can move off to the side of your FGU session?

If so, how?

Blog Entries
    Doesn't Skype have some arrange buttons to line up the windows in different formats? Or at least you can use the window drag handles to resize it to the size you want, move it to where you want, and then do the same things with FG. You won't be able to maximize either application, but both can be sized and arranged.

Or did you try that and it did not behave the way you wanted? Screenshots? More details?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Skype hasn't moved an inch compared to its competition and now lost all chances to be back to game. Better go Discord and Zoom for those features, though neither of the software is doing exactly what you ask.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I use vsee. It’s free and less system intensive vs discord. It also lets you pop out and arrange windows individually for each player, resize, and move them. And then you can pin them to always be on top. I’ve been using it with my weekly game for months with success.
    Fantasy Grounds D&D Adventurers League Consultant
    Organizer, DungeonMaster , and TTRPG Gamer

https://www.around.co

We use around, its free, though you have to sign up, to get on the list for Beta testing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    https://www.around.co

We use around, its free, though you have to sign up, to get on the list for Beta testing.
    Wow! That looks like exactly what I want! The chat windows stay "live" and scale down way smaller than I even need. The thing that makes Zoom a no-go is the 40 minute time limit at the free level. And the $150/yr non-free level.

Discord leaves you to ALT_TAB between game and video. Bleh.

Skype is going bye-bye at some point and has pretty poor video quality at this point.

One candidate was Microsoft Teams, but again, as far as I can tell, the video chat windows shrink down very little -- take up way too much screen real estate.

All the big players seems to be discounting the use-case of having a videoconference going while you are working on something that needs a large amount of screen space and (this is key) you are not sharing your desktop. Given the number of pointless meetings people in corporate cube-farm-land have to attend, but really don't have to collaborate on, I am really shocked the big players don't even consider this. It's as if they think videconferencing = desktop sharing 100% of the time.

Around's thumbs-up and wave animations over the little video windows are excellent. As is the video windows being circular -- but that's entirely a personal aesthetic preference, I realize. I am going to give it a try and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by DeDiceManCometh View Post
    Discord leaves you to ALT_TAB between game and video. Bleh.
    It's actually possible to pop out Discord video feeds into a small sidebar-type window and you can then adjust the size of the FGU window to take the rest of the screenspace (I use this for one of the games I play in).

Thread Information