5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Vortex Mod Manager Extension

In order to solve a pet peeve of mine about not having a good way to know when someone's extension has been updated I've gotten a new section on nexusmods.com added for Fantasy Grounds Unity under https://www.nexusmods.com/fantasygroundsunity. Currently it just has my one in progress extension but anyone else should be able to upload and see their mod appear instantly now. This should could also solve another problem I've noticed of having a simple way to introduce dependencies between mods since Nexus has functionality to set dependencies for any mod uploaded.

To make people's lives easier when working with Nexus as well I've created an extension for the Vortex Mod Manger: https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/235?tab=description
    With the extension users should be able to download and install extensions via 1 click on the website, and Vortex will track the version of the extension informing users when there's an update to any of their extensions.
    The extension should also make it easier to work with any extensions currently as well since it should autodetect the FG data folder and handle the installation and management of any extension or module.

If anyone does want to try it out and encounters a bug with my Vortex extension let me know and I'll try and get it fixed. I've been unable to test a Mac install since I don't have one and haven't been able to test a Steam install of FGC.
    Last edited by SoxMax; May 3rd, 2021 at 13:53.

Interesting, that site is new for me, I'll take a look. Do you know this one? https://www.dmsguild.com/product/327...-Party-Updater It doesn't do dependencies etc, it's strictly version.

Oh I wasn't aware of Mad Nomad's updater. I've mostly been tinkering in the 3.5/PFRPG space so DM's Guild doesn't seem support those rulesets. That's why I turned to Nexus for wider support as well as their baked in feature set around mods that sprung up from supporting games like Skyrim, Fallout, Subnautica and so much more. One thing I was recently informed of though is that Nexus requires you to have an account to download mods now, where as previously you didn't. At least the accounts are free though.

Good old times modding Oblivion, Skyrim, GTA...any game really has seen support on Nexus.
    I'm unsure how legal stuff is handled in this case though, have you inquired on how SmiteWorks handles third party sites like this?

I support ORC(L) and #opendnd!

Check out my Extensions and Materials for FGU!
    Dark Theme: Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness - Hearth Edition.
    Custom GM Icon: Sir Motte's GM Icon Replacer.
    Midjourney Art: AI generated images for my campaign.

From what I understand as long as long as I'm not making any money, I'm not using any licensed code/assets, and I additionally host the extension somewhere that doesn't require a login for people access (such as this forum or github) then its ok to host on Nexus.
    That said I'm unsure as far as 5E extension/modules go since there's an agreement with DM's Guild for that stuff.

We really want these sorts of enhancements to be tracked on the Forge that we are working on, which is linked to our patch system. However, it's still in the tail end of development right now.

Regards,
    JPG

I'd heard of Forge for hosting extensions. I'm super excited to upload there when its available and have updates be part of launching the program.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxMax View Post
    I'd heard of Forge for hosting extensions. I'm super excited to upload there when its available and have updates be part of launching the program.
    Yes, I'm looking forward to this as well. I hope it doesn't come with a cumbersome approval process or something like that.

I support ORC(L) and #opendnd!

Check out my Extensions and Materials for FGU!
    Dark Theme: Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness - Hearth Edition.
    Custom GM Icon: Sir Motte's GM Icon Replacer.
    Midjourney Art: AI generated images for my campaign.

Thread Information