DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Evidence That Rolls are Balanced in FGU

Good Morning!
    My group and I recently switched to Fantasy Grounds from R20 and we love it! Our first session was yesterday and everything was going amazing until the combat started. What was supposed to be a simple run in with a couple goblins quickly devolved into a dangerous situation because the players COULD NOT roll above a 10.

One of my players made a (Mostly Joking) comment that perhaps FGU number generation is the issue. I decided to put this to the test.

1. I created a mouse macro to just click the d20 macro in game over and over - total rolls 140,000
    2. I took the chatlog.html and parsed out all the d20 rolls with python
    3. I then sorted the list and counted how many times each number was rolled (with code of course)

Here are the results:
    unknown.png

From this VERY basic test it would appear that the system to generate random numbers is in fact quite balanced, more so than standard dice I would wager.
    Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Have a wonderful day!

Welcome to FG and Jolly Good.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Rolls were fired! Good stuff
    Last edited by Valyar; May 2nd, 2021 at 16:07.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Awesome work!

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Good Day Middlemaann
    Great Job! Need to hold on to this for the (inevitable) posting of how the RNG in FG is broken post!

14 seems to be the sweet number. Gotta get that +1 bonus for those hard saving throws.

This is great, thank you for this.

A great test, I like how the results are formatted. The numbers come up pretty close. My big question is how long does it take to roll 136,709 times in FGU.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    A great test, I like how the results are formatted. The numbers come up pretty close. My big question is how long does it take to roll 136,709 times in FGU.
    I left the macro running over night. When I woke up my computer was completely frozen and I had to hold down the power button. So I would guess a couple hours of spam clicking at most.

Thread Information