DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trembot_89 View Post
    Will do! I've been dabbling in Ruleset Wizard but haven't had near the success you have; again, well done!
    What have you been working at/towards and what are you getting stuck on?
    There is a Ruleset Wizard channel in the FG Discord server where people will try and help.

I've been working on a Mythras ruleset for myself/group; mostly just graphics and decals and putting off the "real work". I've been meaning to go through your tutorial videos (I've started several times and taken some notes to reference); I have planned a lot of aesthetics and layout, but biggest the problem I've been having is my own poor time management and simply not buckling in to properly learn how properly do it.
    Jolly Cooperation.

Blog Entries
    It does take time.
    For me I need to work on it pretty much every day - at least a half hour - to get into and stay in the right frame of mind.
    Im no programmer so I have to really apply myself to make headway.
    Others may find it easier/harder.

Blog Entries
    Also dont try and bite off too much in one go. Start with a frame. Add one element at a time. Dont think of the end goal - just think about the one thing you are going to get done today.

Thanks for that; it's encouraging to know others need to (and do) overcome the same challenges.

Edit: And that playlist is pretty kick-***.
    Last edited by trembot_89; June 5th, 2021 at 16:22.
    Jolly Cooperation.

Blog Entries
    The first ruleset I ever did - Maelstrom took me three attempts over more than a year.
    And I got lots of help from some people much smarter than me.

My last ruleset - made using the Ruleset Wizard - was done in about 16 days - doing 30-120mins a day.
    My current project I started about 5 days ago and Im 60% of the way thru at least.
    Both of these are pretty rules-lite and that makes a huge difference.

I have other projects - like Dungeon World - that I have started 3x and not finished.
    I will do that one this year - Im getting lots of practice and that will help.

It sounds like the key to success is consistency after all. I'll start a 30min a day habit; the wife and I usually spend an hour or two watching shows or a movie after the kids are in bed so that shouldn't be too hard to squeeze in. Thanks again, Damned.
    Jolly Cooperation.

Could we maybe get a sticky for this post or a link in the rulesets thread, or something like that to make it easy to find, and for others to know there's now a usable Mythras ruleset? I end up having to search the forums every time I want to find it.

Thread Information