DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

New User - Parry and shield bonus not carried to Combat Tracker?

Hello all,

New user here (FGU) with a question regarding parrying and shield values being carried to the CT.

I've followed Wolf_Shield's excellent how-to series of videos (many thanks for those plus the 'In Praise of Old Men' series) and also watched much of BRUNO SALVADIO's youtube sessions (I don't speak Portuguese, but I followed the game play :-) to get my head around how Dakadin's system handles Rolemaster.

I've created several PC and also imported NPCs into various encounters. All worked just as Wolf's tutorial. My problems is that once I have loaded the PCs and NPC into the CT (again, all good - loading PCs directly from Characters and NPC from the bottom LH button 'add to CT' on Encounters), when I do engage the various PCs and NPCs, none of the parry and shield bonuses show up in the list on the table resolver... The inherent DBs do carry to the CT. I must be doing something wrong but can't see what it is.

Example - Aldstone is engaging Melcan in combat

CS extract.JPG

Aldstane has an inherent DB of 50

CT extract.JPG

Aldstone adds +5 to parrying Melcan

Below is the Table resolver showing no shield or parry values?

Table Resolver.JPG

Any pointers to where I'm going wrong would be greatly appreciated.

Also, Wolf's Combat Tracker shows a tick box (All) for the Defense options - this is missing from my CT? Is that a FGC vs FGU change?

WS CT extract.png

Sorry for my first post being full of questions.

Using FGU / Ultimate license.

Welcome to RMC on FG.

I am not sure that Parry bonuses would be added automatically.

If you look at the Shield, you can unlock it and add a Shield Bonus (or DB bonus if that is where it applies) and that should automate.

Here is a screen shot to show what I mean. If you look through the rest of the options, you can see what can be modified. I do not see a Parry bonus unfortunately. That might be something to add to Dakadin's wish list for RMC on FG.

Thanks for the reply Sulimo. Much appreciated. Yes, I've used the toggle unlock on shields/armour/weapons to adjust bonus for DB/OB and adjust melee and missile DBs. I don't think that's the problem...

From the tutorials I understood that parrying would be automatically added to the CT if the PC/NPCs had targeted each other (in my original post Aldstone had targeted Melcan in the CT and vice versa). I have been play testing and can get PC to benefit from Shield and Parry allowances when targeted by NPC (but strangely not when they're targeting other PC) by my NPCs are not getting Shield or parry against PCs.....

I must not be understanding what you are trying to do.

I just watched the Wolfshield video (link is at the time for Parry demo), it had been a while since I watched it.

I am not seeing it add Parry bonuses automatically, he manually typed in the Parry number.

For PC vs. PC, have you set the Faction for the PCs? I think PCs are all friendly by default, so make sure you set one of the PCs to Hostile.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry - I'm not being clear.

I'm manually altering the parry allowance for both PCs and NPCs in the CT. These allowances are not being carried to the table resolver.

I've played with character orientation (which way they are facing) and factions but the NPC are not benefiting from the Parry and Shield bonuses in the table resolver.

Hopefully that makes things clearer.

All comments appreciated. Ta.

Oh, I think I see. It will only show in the CT after you click on Resolve for the attack.

It is reflected in the Chat as well.

See below.

If you are still not seeing this, are you using any extensions?

Additionally, can you screen shot your chat window as soon as you load your campaign? That way we can see your version of RMC.

It should look like this:

Thanks Sulimo.

I was using the XP extension, but have disabled it for the grabs shown in this reply.

RMC version is as - Chat version.PNG

In the following extracts Aldstone and a High Elf have both targeted each other.

Aldstone makes his attack Attack Chat.PNG

The High Elf has a inherent DB of +25, Normal Shield DB +20 and Parrying +30 Elf CT shield and Parry values.PNG

The Table Resolver opens and I resolve the attack Resolver.PNG

The High Elf has an inherent DB of +25 (shown on the table resolver) but both the Parry and Shield are not factored into the combat.

If I flip the attack - Elf attacks Aldstone, then Aldstone's parry and Shield are taken into account in the table resolver. HE att Aldstan.PNG

Sorry this is so long-winded...

Ok, I think I see what you are seeing now.

Here is Character 1 attacking Character 2 without any Parry set on either.

Roll total was 116, take away 20 for DB+modifier for 96.

With 2 using 20 to Parry:

Roll total was 77, and again subtracting the 20 for the DB+Modifier, but not for the Parry.

I'm also noticing an odd issue where it is only showing a DB of 15, when it should be 40 according to the Character sheet.

There is certainly something odd going on. Hopefully Dakadin will be able to have a look when he has some time. With the major overhaul to the rulesets recently, I wonder if that had something to do with this.

I noticed in the CT that the All option was not there for Parry like in the video from Wolfshield.

@Dakadin, I forgot to give you steps to reproduce.

Open a new campaign.

Create two characters. For these characters, I did not do anything special, just enough to get a combat going. Gave them both stats, Weapon 1 with 10 ranks, a Long Sword, and a Full Shield. Made sure to setup the Combat tab of the Character Sheet.

Add both characters to the CT.

If you have one attack the other. You will see that the Shield is having no effect. I double checked the Combat tab on the Character sheet and the Shield is in the Off Hand (and is showing on the CT under Defenses).

Then have one set a value for Parry (I used 20). You can also have both set a value for Parry.

Have one attack the other with a Value of Parry set. The Resolver is not showing the Parry being subtracted from the attack.

Let me know if you need more info, or you want my test campaign.

Thanks Sulimo - your help is much appreciated.

Thread Information