5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

New Store Cart window - annoying

Hey guys,

Now it may have been a bit since I've bought anything, but I was perusing the store and something caught my eye and I added it to my cart. As soon as I did this ANNOYING cart window came up and took up HALF of my Browser window! I tried to get rid of it, looked for an X, hit <ESC>, but nothing. The only apparent way to get rid of that Cart Window, is to REMOVE everything from the cart!!

Not making for a good shopping experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuleen Donai View Post
    Hey guys,

Now it may have been a bit since I've bought anything, but I was perusing the store and something caught my eye and I added it to my cart. As soon as I did this ANNOYING cart window came up and took up HALF of my Browser window! I tried to get rid of it, looked for an X, hit <ESC>, but nothing. The only apparent way to get rid of that Cart Window, is to REMOVE everything from the cart!!

Not making for a good shopping experience.
    I think it would be better as a side cart as opposed to a bottom cart.

Blog Entries
    It should take up only 20% of the vertical space. Can you upload a pic of what it looks like for you and what your browser and resolution settings are?

Indeed. It only takes up a fraction of the bottom of the screen.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

You guys are joking, right? 20%? With the Banner up top you can see only 2 items in a list of like 15.

I have a laptop with a 1080P screen. I’m sure you can try this yourself and see the issue.

Zaccheus, that is not what my screen looks like.

And, I really shouldn’t have to go Full Screen with my browser just to shop. (start bar too??)
    Last edited by Tuleen Donai; May 2nd, 2021 at 00:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuleen Donai View Post
    You guys are joking, right? 20%? With the Banner up top you can see only 2 items in a list of like 15.

I have a laptop with a 1080P screen. I’m sure you can try this yourself and see the issue.

Zaccheus, that is not what my screen looks like.

And, I really shouldn’t have to go Full Screen with my browser just to shop. (start bar too??)
    2021-05-01 17_01_10-Window.png

I am using Google Chrome. The picture attached above is zoomed at 100% (normal view). I have a 21" 1080 Monitor. How big is your laptop screen 15", 17" inches? Is there any chance that you might have your browser zoomed in over 100% to see what is on your screen? I have trouble with my screen at times, even at 21". If one does not have enough viewable space, this can be troublesome. I also have to wear prescription glasses at times to see what is on my screen if I zoom the browser settings out too far for dealing with crowded webpages. I would like a sidebar too maybe, but in this case, it could be that you might have your browser zoomed in too far, and THAT will consume your viewable space, especially on a laptop screen.
    The bottom graphic is my browser at 150%, even at 125% the browser's viewable space cuts off the store items in the cart until I zoom back to 100%.
    2021-05-01 17_10_14-Clipboard.png

And finally, at 75% , we can reveal even more real estate with a 21" monitor. There is a trade off between your own vision, your viewable space,and the zoom in and out of your current browser. The real culprit lies in between those three factors. We all have different equipment and visual capabilities, so this issue could be uncommon.
    2021-05-01 17_12_38-Fantasy Grounds Unity Store.png
    Last edited by Laerun; May 2nd, 2021 at 01:16. Reason: Data
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    2021-05-01 17_01_10-Window.png Is there any chance that you might have your browser zoomed in over 100% to see what is on your screen? I also have to wear prescription glasses at times to see what is on my screen if I zoom the browser settings out too far for dealing with crowded webpages. 2021-05-01 17_10_14-Clipboard.png
    Huh. I hadn’t even thought of that. I wear decently strong readers too. That could have an effect.

Indeed. I have that issue too. One reason I do not use laptops is visibility vs mobility. I'd have to get better glasses, open my eyes more, and play with all three of these factors for me. It sucks getting old, and also having the annoying scaling graphics issues with computers, browsers, graphics, etc.
    I hope this helps.

Laerun
    Last edited by Laerun; May 2nd, 2021 at 01:40.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder

Indeed. I have that issue too. One reason I do not use laptops is visibility vs mobility. I either have to get better glasses, open my eyes more, and play with all three of these factors for me. It sucks getting old, and also having the annoying scaling graphics issues with computers, browsers, graphics, etc.
    I hope this helps.

Laerun
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    Yeah, although things look differently on our screens, I understand that your screen may look different and be completely unacceptable. That is why I asked if you could share a screenshot and what settings you have that might be different than a default setup. I’m not sure if it will be possible to account for that in the CSS for the page, but it might be something we can adjust for.

Thread Information