5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Is there a way to spawn NPCs into the CT with effects and below max hp?

Not sure if this belongs here as a general Fantasy Grounds topic (since it could come up in other systems) or if it should be in the system-specific forum.

I'm running the Iron Gods Adventure Path for Pathfinder 1e, and there are NPCs described as having cast certain spells on themselves before combat, and some NPCs that are below maximum hit points when the players first encounter them.

Is there currently a way to type up an NPC sheet such that they have those effects and wounds pre-applied to them when adding them to the combat tracker?

Blog Entries
    Go into Options - there might be something relating to either average HP, maximum HP or random HP.

Also, look at the NPC record - usually if there is a specific HP value in the record, they are created with that number. If you want random you can create NPCs with just a 0 in the HP field and then they will be assigned as per the selection you made in Options I mentioned.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I already know about the CT: NPC hit points option menu and the NPC record. That's not really what I'm looking for, because the max hit points are set in stone by the adventure. I'm looking for a way so that when I add the NPCs to the combat tracker, they are below maximum hit points, so they appear severely injured to the PCs immediately.

Create a copy of the npc, create an encounter with him in it and pin it on the map at the right place,
    add a custom spell effect on itself that deals damage, add the NPC in the combat tracker when the encounter happens, make the NPC target itself, deal the effect damage, reveal the NPC.

Same thing goes for NPC with temporary hit points: create an effect that would give the amount of temp HP on the copied NPC, apply it before revealing it.

That should do it.
    Last edited by Khoredran; May 1st, 2021 at 18:11. Reason: wording

If its a specific amount of damage then a number of the rulesets have d0 or d1s so you can make the damage exact.

Quote Originally Posted by Khoredran View Post
    Create a copy of the npc, create an encounter with him in it and pin it on the map at the right place,
    add a custom spell effect on itself that deals damage, add the NPC in the combat tracker when the encounter happens, make the NPC target itself, deal the effect damage, reveal the NPC.

Same thing goes for NPC with temporary hit points: create an effect that would give the amount of temp HP on the copied NPC, apply it before revealing it.

That should do it.
    I wouldn't need to add an effect to do that. I could just edit the wounds section on the CT, by directly typing in a number. I was more looking for an automated thing that did so without me manually editing the CT. If there isn't, then I'll just do what I had initially planned (which is what I just mentioned above xD).

And it is a specific amount of damage they have when the PCs encounter them.

Blog Entries
    No, their is no way to automate this other than to create a unique instance of the NPC with the new Hit Points. It won't show as damage, just a lower than normal total number of hit points (max). Or you can enter the damage manually after adding to the CT and before unhiding them.

There is an extension or two (ruleset dependent) that will add effects to the NPC automatically, but not damage that I know of.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information