DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by kirklandone View Post
    It happens after an update.
    In that case something is causing the file downloaded as part of the update to get corrupted - the beginning of the file is OK, but then the remainder of it gets filled out with null characters. Why 5E.pak regularly gets corrupted, and CoreRPG.pak doesn't, I'm not sure. So either the connection is getting broken, or something on your computer prevents that file from completing the download, or something changes it afterwards.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Make sure that you don't have a file synching service attached to the FG Data folder (such as OneDrive, DropBox, etc.)

Regards,
    JPG

I played one weekend without doing any update and everything worked wonderfully. Then this weekend (5/15) I updated again and once again got the error and 5E.pak is corrupted, all the dice for HD, Weapons, Spells were wiped out plus other errors. I am certain I am not having a download problem, it fails 100% of the time I do an update. Oh, when I do this it also unloads all the modules I had previously loaded (PHB, DMG, SKT, etc).
    I will have to try again but turn off all extensions before I try to load the campaign. This time I loaded up a DCC campaign first and it worked great.
    I will also try to create a very simple 5E campaign with no extensions, only basic modules and some premade characters and see if it breaks every update.

It sounds like something is interfering with the updater downloading the updates over HTTP. You may need to check your security software, and make sure it is not interfering with any requests from FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe, nor any files it installs.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information