5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Add /vsync and /imagequality to Chat SLASH COMMANDS print out

Is there plans to add /vsync and /imagequality to the /? in chat window?

Or even an entry in Options? My players hate having to do slash commands to sort stuff out, and so I'm never sure if they've successfully done it.

How about something like this for Host:

/imagequality [0-3] [character name]

Options is always good, but I even have issues getting them to use that ;-)

That would work for me, and make my players very happy (especially if it helps me squeeze better performance out of their laptops!)

And a similar function for Vsync too would be ideal.

I do not like the idea of the host having control over the imagequality or vsync options for their players.

You wouldn't have to use it, but for my players it wouldn't be a problem. I'd still prefer a proper set of options in the Options menu though, which my players are much more comfortable using than slash commands.

Cheers,

Simon

For now I am putting the commands in the Hotkey Bar. One click and they are activated.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

I thought VSYNC is remembered by clients and host at a campaign level. ? Is this not true.

/vsync and /imagequality are per-user settings, and controlled completely by each user independently. Given that these are graphics quality settings, that is expected and desired.

Since these settings are not needed to be used often, and have been used more to deal with problematic scenarios that we're working through when beta testing; there hasn't been a strong need to create interfaces for these settings.

We haven't finalized on where these settings may end up; or whether they are modifiable in the Settings, via an onscreen console, or somewhere else. For now, the quickest and easiest way for us to add ruleset-agnostic settings is to use the chat command format.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by EllivasKram View Post
    I thought VSYNC is remembered by clients and host at a campaign level. ? Is this not true.
    In my testing the if settings for /vsync and /imagequality are changed from the default then these changes are not remembered. That's why I made a hotkey bar shortcut.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Thread Information