DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: FG Forge Status

FG Forge Status

Been awhile since we had an update on the status of this project. How's it going? Anything to share? Sneak peeks, timelines, insight, anything?
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

As you know, as a development team, we generally don't give sneak peeks or timelines. Occasionally, Doug will leak something; but he's the only one that gets away with it.

It is definitely progressing; and we ran through a rough demo late last week. We still have to iron out some workflow and get the payment processing all set up correctly. Additionally, web interfaces require even more hardening than client applications, so that's in progress too.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    Been awhile since we had an update on the status of this project. How's it going? Anything to share? Sneak peeks, timelines, insight, anything?
    Oh no! Like lighting, when you mention it, it resets the release clock! Back to square one.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Great, yet another thing to look forward to seeing in 2022! (that's a joke about the clock reset not SW's timeframes!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    As you know, as a development team, we generally don't give sneak peeks or timelines. Occasionally, Doug will leak something; but he's the only one that gets away with it.

It is definitely progressing; and we ran through a rough demo late last week. We still have to iron out some workflow and get the payment processing all set up correctly. Additionally, web interfaces require even more hardening than client applications, so that's in progress too.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks for the update. Was just curious since it had been a while since the last update.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

It is bright and peaceful morning. Moon wizard climbs out of bed to hear the sound of birds chirping outside to greet the sun sitting atop the horizon. "Today is the day we get this done" he says to himself. With a nice breakfast eaten and coffee brewed, Moon wizard sits down at this computer ready to put the final touches on the forge system. "Is it happening? I think we are finally getting there!" he thinks to himself. That is when it happened. His phone buzzes. It's a text from Doug. Moon wizard's heartbeat quickens as he lifts the phone up and rolls the thieves tools check to unlock it. Nat 20, of course. The text reads "Take a look at the Tavern. I'm sorry, Moon". "No, no, no no no no!" Moon says to himself as he quickly throws up a browser and loads the forum. There it is. A post asking for the status of the forge. Moon wizard lets out a pained sigh. They got so close, but seem to now have tripped at the finish line. With a heavy heart, Moon wizard stands up from his seat, turns off his computer, and begins removing its SSD. "This is the way" he tells himself, as if trying to convince himself this is the right thing to do.

Moon wizard reaches into his pocket and takes out his key ring. Amongst the various keys and Gandolf keychain accessory, one key stands out. It is large and made of solid cast iron. It has several spots of rust formation. It weighs heavily in his hand. Moon takes a few steps over in the room to a large box like shape covered in a blanket. He grips the sheet and throws it to the side revealing an old wicker chest with metal trim. It shows its age as proudly as it shows it strong structure. Moon lines the old key up to the lock, sighs, and unlocks the chest. Inside, a large +3 Warhammer lies in wait for him. The words "When they ask, you shall be set back" etched into its side. "Hello, old friend" Moon wizard says to himself. He clutches the hammer in his grip. He raises it above his head and fixes his sight on the SSD. He says "We must once again begin anew" as he brings the hammer down upon the SSD. He inhales deeply, then exhales. "We did it many times before, and we will do it again". He opens a cabinet attached to the desk where 11 boxes of new SSDs are piled inside. He unboxes a fresh one and installs it into the desktop. "Maybe this was the last time. Maybe they will finally learn not to ask about progress". Moon wizard takes a long drink of coffee, cracks his fingers, and begins rewriting the forge programming once more.
    Last edited by Dudin; May 3rd, 2021 at 16:43.

Thread Information