FG Spreadshirt Swag

Damage / Targeting / Attacks?

Hi,

In the combat tracker, no weapons or attacks are listed.

When you roll damage, the damage doesn't apply to the target (and doesn't subtract the DR).

Is there something I'm not getting? It looks like everything has to be done manually. You have to drag the damage from the chat window to the correct PC, and the add back the DR. What if the damage has a multiplier for damage type? I am confused. It seems like nothing is automated like it is in Pathfinder 2e for Fantasy Grounds Unity.

Am I missing something? Please enlighten me.

Rodney

Hi Rodney,

I'm sure ronnke will chime in.

There isn't automation to the level in other licensed rulesets. So yes, damage results need to be entered manually, and DR won't be automatically configured, nor will damage multipliers.

We all wish that level of automation would be present, but at the moment, because the ruleset isn't licensed, SJG hasn't authorized certain degrees of automation, and other aspects that would be fully utilizing the FGU platform. That's my layperson's understanding of where the GURPS 4e ruleset now stands on FGU.
    Rulesets:
    GURPS 4th Edition, Savage Worlds Adventure Edition, Savage Pathfinder, Dungeon Crawl Classics, Classic D&D, 5e Essentials

Ultimate License Holder

You are not missing anything, the GURPS ruleset does not have the level of automation official rulesets have. This is due to the SJG online policy which does not allow automation in fan produced content. That said, SJG has granted permission to develop some automation, the good news is I am developing damage handling automation. I can't say when this will be available as GURPS has a very complex damage system, but it's coming in the next release.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Glad to hear it Ronnke. You rock.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnke View Post
    . ... GURPS has a very complex damage system, but it's coming in the next release.
    Yes, it certainly does. Is the ability to customize the complexity the user pulls in, a possible option? I'm talking about the ability to use some level of "edge resistance".

I know that it will make combating much easier and faster, and I will ask if it would be possible to link the skill to a weapon and thus have, in addition to your skill level, your previously calculated paring value.

Thread Information