DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

For several weeks now a token in darkness is not visible to a token with darkvision

When I first updated to the live test lighting appeared to hide tokens in darkness, unless the seeing token had darkvision. After an update early into the process that ability stopped. And now for me while the darkvision weilding token can see into the map, no tokens will be visible.

I assumed that this was for same for everyone one but now as I look around I don't see any complaints about that issue. Is this a me only issue, or is there a work around. Honestly this makes lighting kinda useless until it gets fixed.

If this is a me only issue I will follow up with more detail.

THanks

I'm curious... when you talk about darkness, are you talking about it just being naturally dark, or are you talking about a magical darkness effect?

Also, which ruleset is this for?

Standard darkness. IE Lack of light. Not magical darkness
    Ruleset Pathfinder 2e
    I had mentioned it there and they said it was not their issue.

I can't reproduce. Connected as player via localhost.

How are you giving the token darkvision? Character sheet or via effects?

Please provide exact steps to reproduce in a new campaign.

I wasn't able to recreate with the current build in the Test channel either v4.1.0 (2021-04-26)

Regards,
    JPG

OK, I had it all ready and then I saw that you wanted a new campaign.. makes sense.. So here is the step by step

Created a new campaign with the latest versions. No extentions

Pathfinder RPG Second Edition ruleset v2021-03-02 (PF2 release 18t8) for Fantasy Grounds
    Copyright 2021 Smiteworks USA, LLC

Core RPG ruleset (v2021-04-28) for Fantasy Grounds
    Copyright 2021 Smiteworks USA, LLC

Added Core ruleset and map modules

Chose map and set light settings

Added tokens and single light
    Placed the PC with Darkvision in the light, and the NPC away from the light.
    Note in the DM screen you can see that the token is hidden

Client view shows that the token is not visible despite being on the combat tracker.
    You can see that the distant area away from the light is grayscale indicating that darkvision is on.

Let me know if you need any more info.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sadly, I still can't replicate. Can you zip up your campaign and upload it?
    For me it works flawlessly, so we probably do somehting different

If I would have know this was only me, I would have mentioned it earlier (I didn't really know where to go with this at first)

Here is the newly created campaign.

Thanks for all your help folks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Okay, the difference is that you did not specify what range the darkvision has. Write for example 'Darkvision 60' in the senses and it works. If this is intended or a bug a dev must say^^

I tried Darkvision 120 and as I typed 1, 2, 0 I could see the distance of the darkvision change from 1 to 12 to 120 but at no time did the target token appear.

Thread Information