DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Works for me with your campaign. Is your TEST FGU version 2021-04-26? Do you have any rulesets unpacked in a directory? I have no further ideas...

That seems to be it Zarestia!

I changed it again to Darkvsion 60 and again nothing.. then I MOVED the darvision using token and BINGO! the target token showed up. Must recalculate vision on movement and initial placement and thus my changing when it was already on the board did not trigger the recheck!

SInce pathfinder 2e has no max distance darkvision I will get set the PC's vision to 1000 for now and see if that tides us over!!

UPDATE:
    I posted this before seeing your last reply.. Did you change the distance of the darkvision when you tested it?
    Last edited by JesterOC; April 29th, 2021 at 19:58.

Ah, I don't really know the PF2 rules.
    I put Darkvision 60 into the senses and then moved the token as far as I remember.

Reread the SRD rules, darkvision in PF2 has no range limit, correct. An adjustment for this ruleset would maybe the best.

If you set with no number, then it is infinite vision. (i.e. VISION: darkvision)

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Zarestia View Post
    Reread the SRD rules, darkvision in PF2 has no range limit, correct. An adjustment for this ruleset would maybe the best.
    I don't think there's any need for a change to the PF2 ruleset. Having a senses entry of "Darkvision" gives infinite vision in black and white - which is correct for PF2.

There does seem to be a general issue (even in other rulesets) that characters don't always see tokens within the darkvision radius (usually the source token has to move to show tokens that have been recently set to visible), and they don't see tokens at all if darkvision doesn't have a distance setting (once they move at least one square).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah, I wrote that a bit confusing and not really like I wanted... when you think and write in two different languages it sometimes goes like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    If you set with no number, then it is infinite vision. (i.e. VISION: darkvision)

Regards,
    JPG
    Right. But if I do that, it does not reveal tokens. In order for me to get it to reveal tokens in the dark with darkvision, I need to set a distance.

using darkvision 2000 is working fine, while darkvision by itself is broken.

Luckily the PC's are the ones that matter the most so the hundreds of creatures in the bestiary that only say darkvision is not too inconvenient.
    Last edited by JesterOC; April 30th, 2021 at 00:12.

Thread Information