DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Is it possible to colorize hit/miss in the chat box?

When the TWF ranger in my group does a full attack there are a lot of rolls that show up, especially when concealment comes into play. Is it possible to colorize hits vs misses so we can quickly see how many times he hit? Not sure how difficult or if it was technically possible but I promised I'd ask.

Thank you in advance,

Quote Originally Posted by Sudain View Post
    When the TWF ranger in my group does a full attack there are a lot of rolls that show up, especially when concealment comes into play. Is it possible to colorize hits vs misses so we can quickly see how many times he hit? Not sure how difficult or if it was technically possible but I promised I'd ask.

Thank you in advance,
    For pc I always say roll one attack at a time because things can happen between attacks.

Colors would be nice, but what helps is that it is only on a hit concealment is rolled. So you only need to look at concealment rolls, and check the attack number if something was a critical hit.

I could try to extend the overlay stuff to help also in martial arts Then there are also overlays for such things (hit/miss inclusing concealment and stuff), I just need to be extra careful for a full attack (separate overlays for showing a result for all incoming attacks; that might be more difficult since the number of attacks can be arbitrary; but I may simply assume some upper bound)

One could also write an extension for changing the colour of the chat message for hit and miss, I think (I believe Dellanx customized an extension for something like this somewhen? )

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    One could also write an extension for changing the colour of the chat message for hit and miss, I think (I believe Dellanx customized an extension for something like this somewhen? )
    That is what I did (in 2e ruleset) to give more feedback on hit/miss. I also used it for save/fail crits/miss/etc.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    That is what I did (in 2e ruleset) to give more feedback on hit/miss. I also used it for save/fail crits/miss/etc.
    Yeah, all I'm curious about is the possibility of colorizing the [HIT] and [MISS] tags so for quick reference. I might try to take a look at your 2e extension Celistine.

Thank you guys - it is possible is the key take away for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    I could try to extend the overlay stuff to help also in martial arts Then there are also overlays for such things (hit/miss inclusing concealment and stuff), I just need to be extra careful for a full attack (separate overlays for showing a result for all incoming attacks; that might be more difficult since the number of attacks can be arbitrary; but I may simply assume some upper bound)

Look at this thread.

I did this, it is a bit messy but it works. You will have to fix the icons. Many of these icons don't work now, but the too hit icons do.

Better Icons 2.ext [FG Forge]

Also check this out for save colors.

Between these two and the FullOverlayPackage by Kelrugem, it is very nice indeed.
    Last edited by dellanx; September 17th, 2021 at 03:18.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Thread Information