FG Spreadshirt Swag

How to monitor quantity changes?

I had originally only a handler for onUpdate. I realized that dragging an item to inventory would call on Update if it was a new item but not call update if it was simply increasing the quantity.
    Code:
    	DB.addHandler(DB.getPath(node, ".inventorylist.*.carried"), "onUpdate",
    	  onCarriedChanged)
    What is the event for changing the entry number?

Tried a few of these:
    Code:
    	DB.addHandler(DB.getPath(node, ".inventorylist.*.carried"), "onObserverUpdate",
    	  onObserverUpdate)

DB.addHandler(DB.getPath(node, ".inventorylist.*.carried"), "onChildUpdate",
    	 onChildUpdate)

DB.addHandler(DB.getPath(node, ".inventorylist.*.carried"), "onIntegrityChange",
    	 onIntegrityChange)

The "carried" field specifically tracks 0=not carried, 1 = carried, 2 = equipped

If you want quantity, you probably want to watch the "count" field.

Regards,
    JPG

I'm sorry, I totally vegged out there.

I actually was only interested in weight so I moved on tracking encumbrance.load but having READ "carried" as "carriedWeight" in my head (don't ask...) I figured Id ask to understand. I got it, oops.

(I coppie the carried handler to start off my work - that handler was indeed for tracking if was equipped or not in my code)

Thanks much as always.
    Last edited by Varsuuk; April 25th, 2021 at 06:48.

Varsuuk, I am curious to know what you plan with this.
    I confess that I would not be sad if this could have a link between things on the combat tab and the inventory.
    For example, in the combat tab, I can easily create an extension manager, but I cannot create a link between it and the rations, which would be consumed there would decrease in quantity and thus decrease the load of the characters.

I’m just using it to determine movement rate for the sheet. In my game it is a function of just race and weight.

If you want to have rations updated live on CT - I’m no expert and haven’t looked at this but wouldn’t it be easy to create a rations (set vs items entry) field to use as source for a link field to CT then it would update as rations were consumed much like HP.

But I might be totally wrong or not understand what you were looking to do.

Thread Information