Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LFP: Need 1 Player for Rime of the Frostmaiden

Recruitment suspended

FG License: Fantasy Ground Unity Ultimate, player only needs demo
    Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time
    Day of week and time: Fridays at 8pm-1am (ish)
    If new game, planned start date: in progress
    Planned Duration & Frequency:Every week
    Term: Long term, and on going.

Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? NO
    Music: Syrinscape, I have the Super-Syrinscape account, you will need the free account along with the "Syrinscape Online Player"

Roleplay & Combat mix: Trying to keep it at 50/50
    Number of Players in game & needed: 4 players in game, Need 1 more.
    Age of Player Required: Mature only please.
    Character starting level & equipment: Level 5, equipment per PHB.
    Character restrictions: No multiclass, DMG and PHB ONLY, NO MIN/MAXers
    Character class required: Any
    Character alignment: No evil
    Current classes in game: Wizard, Cleric, Bard, Rogue

Details of your scenario: One of the most important requirements I'm looking for is YOUR commitment to the group. What I mean by this is: if you believe you cannot consistently make the sessions, please do not respond!
    Mature only please. If you are easily offended, then this game is NOT for you. Though our group is pretty level headed, I don't want anyone to be "walking on egg shells" because a player may get triggered.
    We are currently about 50% of the way through the module, so there will be some plot elements that may confuse you at first, but everything can be explained during your character creation.
    My current players thrive on the RP aspect of D&D, so you would need to be willing to test your roll playing skills, but they do love the combat that follows.
    If you are interested please DM the following:

1. What is your experience with D&D?:
    2. What are your favourite parts about D&D?:
    3. What are your least favourite parts about D&D?:
    4. What is one thing that you want to accomplish in D&D but haven't?:
    5. What are you looking for in this campaign?:
    6. How would you describe your play style?:
    7. Tell me about the character or type of character you'd like to play in this game?:
    8. Please share a bit about yourself and your personality. (Only what you are comfortable with):
    9. Fantasy Grounds experience?:
    10. Any questions you may have?:

About me: I started playing D&D 2e back in the late 80's early 90's first as a player then as a DM. The group went its separate ways (marriages and kids) after a few years. Really missed the TTRPG and last year decided to look for a group to play with. That's when I came across FG and other VTTs. After researching the current VTTs at that time, FG made the most sense for me. Tried looking for a group as a player, but you all know how hard that is. So decided to jump right back into DMing. Even though I've been DMing RIME for over a year now I'm still learing the 5e nuances, eg. all the "skill" checks.

My DM style: I'd like to think that I'm a pretty fair DM. I value story and in particular including players background into the campaign whenever I can. The rules are important, but they are not a crutch. I like to ask my players for input on rulings, but in the end I will make the decision that I think is best for the overall story. I try and "voice" act most NPCs, but for some reason they all end up sounding the same , so still working on that. I put a lot of time into trying to make the module a unique experience for the players, so your commitment to the group is important.

Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by Gixxer1st; November 21st, 2021 at 20:45. Reason: Recruitment suspented

I would be interested.
    1. began playing in the early 80's as well
    2. Adventuring to discover new things without dying
    3. Players wasting time instead of focusing
    4. Been there done that
    5. Fun
    6. Laid back more of team support
    7. A Cleric who believes hes a pally playing the role of a jester (unfortunately there is no jester class mod - yet). Might program the mod for a jester an arcane ranger one day. But can play any class that has not been taken yet.
    8. Been playing since the early 80's collected as much as I could when allowances permitted as a kid. Stopped playing after 3.5E. Retired military. Covid put a cramp in traveling plans so looking for something to pass the time.
    9. 1 year. Use to DM 3 games a week, Lost players on one of the days close the game. DM on sat and sunday 7-11pm cst. Sundays game is a level 1-30 epic (currently final fight), sat game will be level 1-20 max.
    10. None, prefer to roll with the punches and try to avoid death as much as possible. Note: can play from 7-11pm cst 1x/week since its ona friday as I usually get up abetween 4-5am to take care of my 80 y/o mother.

Sent you a PM. Let me know if you need anything further =)

Hey let me know if you have a no show! Id love to get in on some cold weather gaming tonight!
    1. What is your experience with D&D?: Since 1988
    2. What are your favourite parts about D&D?:RPG antics
    3. What are your least favourite parts about D&D?: stressed out players
    4. What is one thing that you want to accomplish in D&D but haven't?: a full 1-20 campaign lol
    5. What are you looking for in this campaign?: dread and suspense
    6. How would you describe your play style?: rp heavy but love combat
    7. Tell me about the character or type of character you'd like to play in this game?: paladin and/or warlock
    8. Please share a bit about yourself and your personality. (Only what you are comfortable with) Im a good guy, like to crack jokes and laugh
    9. Fantasy Grounds experience?: One campaign so far
    10. Any questions you may have?: Will this be a consistent campaign?

I'm interested

1. What is your experience with D&D?: 2nd, 3/3.5, 5th
    2. What are your favourite parts about D&D?: mixture
    3. What are your least favourite parts about D&D?: if a story does not make sense
    4. What is one thing that you want to accomplish in D&D but haven't?:
    5. What are you looking for in this campaign?: to have fun
    6. How would you describe your play style?: tactical, problem solver
    7. Tell me about the character or type of character you'd like to play in this game?: anything that is not a barbarian or cleric (playing a barb in another campaign and within the last year or two I've mainly been playing a cleric)
    8. Please share a bit about yourself and your personality. (Only what you are comfortable with) I've been playing off/on since 1996, I can be serious when needed but can also handle a good joke/rib
    9. Fantasy Grounds experience?: Yes, since 2015
    10. Any questions you may have?: No

Rime of the Frostmaiden Game

Hi, I am interested in joining.

1. What is your experience with D&D?: I started playing D&D in the early 80's. I've played every edition except 4th.
    2. What are your favourite parts about D&D?: I really enjoy the high fantasy immersive experience.
    3. What are your least favourite parts about D&D?: Playing with immature players who pout and whine when things don't go their way.
    4. What is one thing that you want to accomplish in D&D but haven't?: Go through an entire character's career level 1-20 with a consistent group.
    5. What are you looking for in this campaign?: Fun opportunities to roleplay in an immersive rp heavy setting.
    6. How would you describe your play style?: Really enjoy skill based characters who support other members of the team.
    7. Tell me about the character or type of character you'd like to play in this game?: Love playing a rogue.
    8. Please share a bit about yourself and your personality. (Only what you are comfortable with): Easy going, like to laugh and have fun
    9. Fantasy Grounds experience?: Have been playing on Fantasy Grounds with a group for a few years. Switched to unity last year.
    10. Any questions you may have?:[/B]

Thanks for your consideration,
    Paul

Thread Information