STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I cannot reproduce the vanishing error either; for me the targeting arrow is immediately redrawn once I place the token of B back to the map (tested in 3.5e, but shouldn't matter probably)

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Did you see the video I posted above? The steps you gave me do not appear to be problematic in my 5E test campaign.

JPG
    Except you used an NPC - while I used a PC. Do same test in reverse. As in my example, A is the NPC and B is the PC. Happens everytime for me - it's lost. Even in LIVE.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Just did it in reverse; and it worked fine. See video.

Either we're missing a step; or there is still some extension or ruleset folder being loaded.

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Files Attached Files

Either we're missing a step; or there is still some extension or ruleset folder being loaded.

Regards,
    JPG
    I will create a LIVE campaign from scratch and see if it still happens - because 0 extensions - my 5E test campaign (which at one point was created from scratch) - does this 100% of the time.

Make sure that you don't have any rulesets unpacked into folders, just to be sure.

Regards,
    JPG

Regards,
    JPG
    Does not get easier than this.

I created new 5E campaign.

I loaded DMG, MM, and PHB modules only.

I used character wizard to create a human level 1 fighter and used smiteworks asset portrait for them.

I added them into CT.

I chose NPC alcolyte and added it into CT.

I chose Map-4 image from D&D maps.

Placed NPC on map from CT.

Placed PC on map from CT.

Selected NPC.

Targeted PC with CTRL click on map token.

Removed PC map token.

Dragged PC in CT back into map.

NO TARGETING LINE.

This happens 100% of the time for me - I don't see how its not for you. This was even in LIVE.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Make sure that you don't have any rulesets unpacked into folders, just to be sure.

Regards,
    JPG
    Just now I note that when I put the PC back into the map it wipes out the targeting of the previous thing. So while in my extensions that is NOT the case - it is in this case. So I now see why you would not see this. It's because the targeting is being wiped out when the PC is placed back into the map. Not sure why that is but that is not going to be what I see when I preserve the targeting in extension.

And no unpacked stuff - I'm a big lecturer on not to do that so I never do.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; April 26th, 2021 at 18:17.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Just now I note that when I put the PC back into the map it wipes out the targeting of the previous thing. So while in my extensions that is NOT the case - it is in this case. So I now see why you would not see this. It's because the targeting is being wiped out when the PC is placed back into the map. Not sure why that is but that is not going to be what I see when I preserve the targeting in extension.
    It's even weirder because Moon Wizard's 2nd video does not show that happening to him (wiping out the previous targeting when PC is replaced on map).

Thread Information