5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Anyone seeing weird targeting results in TEST

I'm not saying this is a "thing" but I have seen that the brightly colored arrow displayed when a token is active and has a target are not always pointing to what the combat tracker text says is currently targeted. Am I only one seeing this? If so, let me know. It seems to happen after casting a spell and the auto miss MULTI option gets confused on which thing is removed. In other words, multiple targets - cast spell - some saving throws "miss" and the target is removed - but somehow the arrow and CT text do not always match. I've only ever noticed this in a project today - so not sure if its because its one I've not used in TEST before or something new has been added into the update.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

I think what is happening is that the CT target is correct - but an extension has done the targeting and somehow the brightly colored arrow is no longer there. Is there something other than the CT targeting info that now needs to be updated in the new world of TEST? Even coming back into the map with the CT targeting correct the arrow is missing. Only re-toggling the target off and on gets it back.

There has been sporadic reports of targeting not matching CT when performing rolls. However, I have not been able to get any concrete information on how to reproduce; nor have I been able to recreate the issue locally. If you have steps to recreate without extensions, I would be very interested.

As for the CT targeting not matching the map, I haven't heard that before; and my first advice would be to turn off extensions.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    There has been sporadic reports of targeting not matching CT when performing rolls. However, I have not been able to get any concrete information on how to reproduce; nor have I been able to recreate the issue locally. If you have steps to recreate without extensions, I would be very interested.

As for the CT targeting not matching the map, I haven't heard that before; and my first advice would be to turn off extensions.

Regards,
    JPG
    You happen to have the perfect 100% test case already. Go into the TEST LIGHT campaign I gave you with Polymorphism.ext (don't care if its old one) and just target two... well crap. I gave you just wildshape character. First - let me ask do you want me to rebuild that with a 100% test case where you have 2 targets and polymorph one of them (changing CT entry and token) while the CT targeting is kept up to date. Then you can close it and bring back up the app and see its still is not there (targeting line/arrow) even though CT shows its targeted. You might even be able to duplicate it purely with that wildshape thing I gave you to do by having someone else target them - hit active on them and change shape - then go back to character that had them targeted and see the arrow is gone and does not come back without retargeting them even though you CT shows it targeted. I'll give you a new one tomorrow if you REALLY need me to but I think you have the perfect test case already.

I really need a step by step test case in a campaign all ready to go. (i.e. load this campaign, follow these 3-4 steps, see results) If you throw a bunch of "just do this" sort of things at me, I find that I can rarely reproduce.

JPG

I really need a step by step test case in a campaign all ready to go. (i.e. load this campaign, follow these 3-4 steps, see results) If you throw a bunch of "just do this" sort of things at me, I find that I can rarely reproduce.

JPG
    I thought I just did - but I guess I can make it even more generic of a 100% duplicatable example in a pure host setting.

1) Have two CT entries placed on a map, A and B.
    2) Have A target B.
    3) See colorful line/arrow showing distance to target from A to B.
    4) See CT entry A has target of B.
    5) Remove token B from map.
    6) See CT entry A has target of B.
    7) Place B back in map.
    8) No colorful line/arrow showing distance to target from A to B, but CT still shows A targeting B.

You will never recover that line/arrow without redoing the targeting.

No extensions, though lots of extensions can replace tokens on map without changing targeting.

Basically, it seems the only thing that establishes targeting graphics is the actual targeting action itself. That is not enough for a dynamic piece of graphics showing something that should not be going away. So of course, CT targeting can get out of synch from map targeting representation. In many different ways.

Thanks for the report. The original targeting system was not meant to be used in the way that your extensions are using it (i.e. swapping out tokens constantly). The original system was designed to maintain the targeting in the CT. I'll look at what I can do to help make it better; but it's working as it was originally designed.

As for any other "different ways" in which targeting can get out of synch, I need examples.

Thanks,
    JPG

Actually, I just tested this and I don't see the issue you reported in your post 2 steps up. Please see attached video.

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for the report. The original targeting system was not meant to be used in the way that your extensions are using it (i.e. swapping out tokens constantly). The original system was designed to maintain the targeting in the CT. I'll look at what I can do to help make it better; but it's working as it was originally designed.

As for any other "different ways" in which targeting can get out of synch, I need examples.

Thanks,
    JPG
    My example was with no extensions though so I assume if you are seeing out of synch reports with Targeting graphics and combat tracker - that simply replacing the token in the map (and leaving targeting alone in CT) is how you are seeing all these unduplicatable reports.

You don't need to do anything to specifically support me, why I asked if this was seen by others - when you said you had other reports I assumed it could happen outside of extensions. Which it can as I've shown - but if its always done that - then that at least explains the reports your seeing. Fixed or not. If it is fixed let me know and I'll be happy to test it. I probably only noticed it since the targeting lines are so bright and colorful now

Did you see the video I posted above? The steps you gave me do not appear to be problematic in my 5E test campaign.

JPG

Thread Information