FG Spreadshirt Swag

Cover/-2 effects on attacks

I'm testing the cover/effect modifiers for attacks and it seems that it might not be working as expected, or the results are being modified behind the scenes? This is the result in the chat box:

snip.jpg

Watching the 3D dice roll, the number shown matches the die roll - 8 and 12 respectively - and so the actual results are correct according to the die roll, which suggests that the cover/-2 modifiers are not actually applying. Are these expected results? For what it's worth, this is a blank campaign with no extensions loaded.

Here's another example showing that it's further not taking the modification into account:

snip2.jpg

I've got my NPC targeting itself here (AC 13). I rolled a 12, +2 to attack, result is normal 14 (hit). But I had the "Cover" modifier enabled, which should have subtracted 2 (and did, according to the chat result), making it an even 12 (miss), but it's counted as a hit in the final result.

What's the bonus on the attack roll normally? Every roll in both of your pictures has a -2 modifier applied.

Regards,
    JPG

I'm sorry, that's embarrassing . The aarakocra has a +4 to attack with talons normally, so the modifier is being taken out of that. I see it now, thank you!

Which ruleset is this? In my 5E ruleset it seems to work. In 5E the Aarakocra has a +4 to hit and when -2 is selected the to hit (above the die) is only +2 or 2 less.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Different rulesets handle functionality differently, so it's important to indicate which ruleset you're using when reporting problems/asking questions in generic forums.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information