DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    No problem! I found the issue, and will make it part of the next update to TEST.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Quote Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
    Test Server FGU with a clean campaign and no extensions.

Recreate by doing the following:

Open sidebar Story Window
    Click the plus symbol to open a new windows
    Type a title and body text
    OR
    Load an AP from the Library
    Open sidebar Story window
    open an AP Story entry

Attachment 46243
    responded above post
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

When making a charakter with the human race (or rather the 'Skilled' trait), I get a bunch of these error messages:
    [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_char.lua"]:1335: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'nSkilledPoints' (a nil value)
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_char.lua"]:1335: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'nSkilledPoints' (a nil value)

Blank campaign on the TEST version, steps to reproduce:
    Create new Campaign
    Load CRB
    Create new character
    Insert Ability Scores
    Add Race (Human)
    'Skilled' trait get's added automatically (error message)
    Add Theme (error message)
    Add Class (error message)

I assume this is due to the 'Skilled' trait. I'm not getting any of these errors when not using human as race.
    I have also tried this with the Aasimar, Sarcesian and Urog races (since they also have the 'Skilled' trait) and they get the same errors. So I'm almost certain there's something going on with checking for this racial trait and then calculating Skill Points.
    My Forge Page
    Discord: @evolivolution
    Ultimate License (FGU)
    Timezone: Z+1

When making a starship I noticed that the CUR BP sometimes doesn't update, when I drop an item on the ship. It does update when closing and re-opening the shipsheet, but it's very annoying when trying to build a ship to constantly having to re-open the sheet to see your BP total.

Create new campaign
    Load CRB
    Create a new PC ship
    Add a frame
    Start adding additional items
    My Forge Page
    Ultimate License (FGU)

Trying to delete a Power Core from the Main page of the PC ship sheet, causes FG to try and add a new Power Core of the same type instead of removing it. A warning message shows up when the ship is alread at capped Power Cores:
    WARNING: can not add '[Power Core Name]' to '[Ship Name]' - At max power cores. Add a Power Core housing or remove one that is installed.
    Removing the Power Core in the BP summary works as expected, haven't found this issue with any of the other ship items.

Create new campaign
    Load CRB
    Create a new PC ship
    Add a frame
    Add a power core.
    Try to delete the power core in the Main page of the PC ship sheet.
    My Forge Page
    Ultimate License (FGU)

Crew Quarters are considdered expansion bays in the updated modules, even though they are supposed to go in 'Other Systems'. Essentially scamming the ship out of an expansion bay.
    Also a bunch of other things, like 'Security' for example could be recategorized to 'Other Systems'. In the references they are listed under a different entry, but for FG purposes clicking in the Other Systems section of the PC ship opens up the ship items list, not including these items, even though they go into that section when droppen onto the ship sheet.
    My Forge Page
    Ultimate License (FGU)

PC ship modifiers, don't actually apply to any of the rolls made by the crew of the ship.
    Also, while creating modifiers manually is possible, editing them isn't. You can change the skill they apply to, but changing the MOD or CHECKS box isn't possible, always resulting in a net 0.

Create new campaign
    Load CRB
    Create a new PC ship
    Create a new PC (Make sure there are auto-generated modifiers, like thrusters for example)
    Add the ship to the party sheet
    Add the PC to the party sheet
    Add the PC to the ship
    Make a crew action with a skill the modifier should apply to
    My Forge Page
    Ultimate License (FGU)

Adding a port weapon mount isn't possible. All the others work but the port one doesn't want to function.
    Upgrading a weapon doesn't work. It just doesn't do anything when I tried with a weapon slot that isn't a turret. When I tried it with a turret slot it brings up an error:
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_charstarship.lua"]:1107: bad argument #2 to 'format' (string expected, go nil)

Create new campaign
    Load CRB
    Create a new PC ship
    Try to add (port weapon mount) or upgrade a weapon slot (any)
    My Forge Page
    Ultimate License (FGU)

A few convinience things I noticed while testing the Starship inventory:
    'LOCATION' and 'BULK' are still shown in the inventory, even though they have no function.
    There is no easy way to get an item from the Starship inventory into the party inventory to sell it. You have to move it into another inventory first and then into the party inventory.
    When distributing items from the party inventory it autofills names of PCs but doesn't take PC ships into account.
    My Forge Page
    Ultimate License (FGU)

Quote Originally Posted by Evolivolution View Post
    When making a charakter with the human race (or rather the 'Skilled' trait), I get a bunch of these error messages:
    [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_char.lua"]:1335: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'nSkilledPoints' (a nil value)
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_char.lua"]:1335: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'nSkilledPoints' (a nil value)

Create new Campaign
    Load CRB
    Create new character
    Insert Ability Scores
    Add Race (Human)
    'Skilled' trait get's added automatically (error message)
    Add Theme (error message)
    Add Class (error message)

I assume this is due to the 'Skilled' trait. I'm not getting any of these errors when not using human as race.
    I have also tried this with the Aasimar, Sarcesian and Urog races (since they also have the 'Skilled' trait) and they get the same errors. So I'm almost certain there's something going on with checking for this racial trait and then calculating Skill Points.
    Found issue and will be part of next update.

When making a starship I noticed that the CUR BP sometimes doesn't update, when I drop an item on the ship. It does update when closing and re-opening the shipsheet, but it's very annoying when trying to build a ship to constantly having to re-open the sheet to see your BP total.

Create new campaign
    Load CRB
    Create a new PC ship
    Add a frame
    Start adding additional items

Trying to delete a Power Core from the Main page of the PC ship sheet, causes FG to try and add a new Power Core of the same type instead of removing it. A warning message shows up when the ship is alread at capped Power Cores:
    WARNING: can not add '[Power Core Name]' to '[Ship Name]' - At max power cores. Add a Power Core housing or remove one that is installed.
    Removing the Power Core in the BP summary works as expected, haven't found this issue with any of the other ship items.

Create new campaign
    Load CRB
    Create a new PC ship
    Add a frame
    Add a power core.
    Try to delete the power core in the Main page of the PC ship sheet.

Crew Quarters are considdered expansion bays in the updated modules, even though they are supposed to go in 'Other Systems'. Essentially scamming the ship out of an expansion bay.
    Also a bunch of other things, like 'Security' for example could be recategorized to 'Other Systems'. In the references they are listed under a different entry, but for FG purposes clicking in the Other Systems section of the PC ship opens up the ship items list, not including these items, even though they go into that section when droppen onto the ship sheet.
    I will have the Crew Quarters as Other System subtype moving forward. As for the others you mentioned, all the windows share the same list and are filtered to show only those that are needed within that window. The Other Systems frame is only meant to show components that have no other place on the sheet.

PC ship modifiers, don't actually apply to any of the rolls made by the crew of the ship.
    Also, while creating modifiers manually is possible, editing them isn't. You can change the skill they apply to, but changing the MOD or CHECKS box isn't possible, always resulting in a net 0.

Create new campaign
    Load CRB
    Create a new PC ship
    Create a new PC (Make sure there are auto-generated modifiers, like thrusters for example)
    Add the ship to the party sheet
    Add the PC to the party sheet
    Add the PC to the ship
    Make a crew action with a skill the modifier should apply to
    I've added a check when rolling a Crew Action to add the ship bonus if it finds one. Any Skill which the computer produces when dropped won't roll and will need to use the modifier box to add in that bonus and checked to keep track if you wish. I have also opened them up to be editable, but would caution changing the pilot or anyskill as it's calculated. I'll work on securing those in another update as this is going to have quite a few changes.

Adding a port weapon mount isn't possible. All the others work but the port one doesn't want to function.
    Upgrading a weapon doesn't work. It just doesn't do anything when I tried with a weapon slot that isn't a turret. When I tried it with a turret slot it brings up an error:
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_charstarship.lua"]:1107: bad argument #2 to 'format' (string expected, go nil)

Create new campaign
    Load CRB
    Create a new PC ship
    Try to add (port weapon mount) or upgrade a weapon slot (any)

A few convinience things I noticed while testing the Starship inventory:
    'LOCATION' and 'BULK' are still shown in the inventory, even though they have no function.
    There is no easy way to get an item from the Starship inventory into the party inventory to sell it. You have to move it into another inventory first and then into the party inventory.
    When distributing items from the party inventory it autofills names of PCs but doesn't take PC ships into account.
    As this is a new feature, we will start slow and build upon the feature over time. I have removed the labels on the cargo list. You can assign items from the inventory tab to the ship, but at the moment you will have to drag the item to the inventory tab through a player or opening the link and then dragging the link from that item window to the inventory tab.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information