5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

5e Weapon and Armour negative modifier

Greetings,

Looking for a way to add a negative modifier to equipment of a player.
    I wish to apply -1 to -5 to the damage rolls of a player's equipped weapon.
    I wish to apply -1 to -5 to the AC of a player's equipped armour.
    I wish to apply a -1 AC modifier to equipped shields.

Do I do this through 'powers' on the character Action tab or is there a way to do it with each piece of equipment?
    I wish to have it apply only to a single piece of equipment and not ALL attacks made by the character.

Any suggestions or/and links to places to learn how to do this would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Moderator: Moved to 5e forum.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; April 22nd, 2021 at 08:45.
    - Faith, Steel and Gunpowder.

Yes, create effects in the actions tab would be the easiest way to do it.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you.

In regards to effects, looking over the FGU effects page, how to I apply the effects to a particular item (weapon or armour)?

Quote Originally Posted by Omalus View Post
    Thank you.

In regards to effects, looking over the FGU effects page, how to I apply the effects to a particular item (weapon or armour)?
    you can't, without an extension (like celestian's Advanced Effects)
    Last edited by bmos; April 22nd, 2021 at 16:44.

Thank you,

I guess I'm confused because I can add fire damage to a single weapon. Could I make a 'magical weapon/armor' and apply the negative modifier to DMG or AC when worn and remove the 'magic' key word?

You can give armour any value you want if you are creating your own - but I don't think you can add a negative to the value. Without the extension linked above you can't add an effect to a weapon or armour. You can only create effects in the actions tab and would need to apply them when the armour/weapon was being used and remove them again when not being used. Effects can't be specific to anything in particular whether a weapon, armour or anything else.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Where would I find how to connect the effect (DMG: -1) or (AC: -1) to a specific weapon that a player has and not apply to all weapons they use, or armour they equipped?

Use the extension linked above. That adds an effect line to a weapon into which you add the effect you want. Then when that weapon is used the effect is applied to that weapon. Same thing for armour.

Blog Entries
    I would also recommend Celestian's Advanced Effects Extension (posted earlier in this thread). Once you see how it works you can do all kinds of effects like you are describing.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

For DnD 5e.

Okay, I can add Effects for armour but can't figure how to apply a -1 to a single weapon and not ALL attacks.
    I've set up a fighter who has the Greatsword Fighting style. In the tutorial I watched I can add 'reroll 2' to the WEAPON and it will only reroll 1's and 2's for that weapon.
    I want to do something similar but only apply a -1 to the attack to a single weapon (self, when using the longsword in the action). Whether it is through an effect or through the actual weapon does not matter, but it should ONLY apply to a single weapon, not all weapons the PC is using.

Any other places I can look or is this something that just cant be done?

Thread Information