DICE PACKS BUNDLE

ACK!!!! My maps are gone!!!

My campaign starts in 40 minutes, and two custom maps I have aren't displaying!

So, I made two maps in campaign cartographer, have them in the correct folder, and used it last session we had - which was about two weeks ago, I think.

Well, we are getting together again tonight, and I decided to load the server up early. Lo and behold, the maps I had made are not showing up correctly when I open them up. SOMETHING opens up, and my PCs are displaying on a grid of some sort, but all that actually shows from the image is a red square with an x through it and a question mark displaying over it.

I checked, and the images are still in the same folder. Anyone have an idea whats going on? I got a half hour to fix this!

Blog Entries
    That means that you have moved or renamed the image file at the operating system level. Yea, that's a bad thing because FG doesn't know where it is any longer and so can't find it and displays a red x to tell you that.

Move the image back to where it was or name it back to what it was when it was working.

There is more you can do if you don't know that, but it entails backups, opening and possible editing the campaign xml files and such. Not something you want to do when rushed.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I never moved the files in the first place. Thats what I'm saying. They are exactly where they were when I was running my campaign before and I never moved them. I never changed their name either. I didn't touch them at all after our last session.

also the file isnt corrupted, Iw as able to open it up in other programs, so its not that.

So, I apparently fixed it. I imported the original file from the other file folder back into here, overrighting the original file, and that fixed it.

You aren't doing a cloud backup on your campaign files are you? It sounds like that image file got corrupt. You don't want to do automatic cloud backups.

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    You aren't doing a cloud backup on your campaign files are you? It sounds like that image file got corrupt. You don't want to do automatic cloud backups.
    No, I'm not, but thats weird, I opened the same file via paint, and it opened just fine, so I wouldn't think the file got corrupted.

Blog Entries
    Hmm, glad you got it resolved. Wish I knew what the cause was.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Hmm, glad you got it resolved. Wish I knew what the cause was.
    Me too. It was pretty weird. I wonder if it broke with one of the updates, but whatever it was, if you see it happen again, now you know re-importing the file should fix it.

Thread Information