DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Future Books

Future Books

Any word on when the Advanced Player's Guide is going to come out now that a lot of the Aliens stuff has been released? I know it's been in development or paused for the better part of a year now but at least the APG would be nice to see coming out since it is the most content-rich book so far that I've seen. Having the charts, map, creatures, and relics from the Game Master's Guide would also be a really nice thing to purchase on the store.

I'll just post this extra question here to keep things simple but has this ruleset been updated to work with Unity? I've seen some stuff on the forums from last year about issues when Unity was still in late Beta but now that it's officially released I'm curious if everything works as intended?

I started to try and put stuff in from the APG and it's really hard to do in this ruleset. The races went in easy, but when I got to Archetypes it became a nightmare. Instead of a blank text field, a new archetype contains a bunch of fields all set to different text types and there's no way to add the Example Archetypes from the book. I can open existing ones from Warrior such as Berserker and it opens a new box, but there's no way to create new ones like Templar from the book. I reported it a couple of months ago as a bug but I haven't heard anything about it yet. I don't think they understood what I was saying. Coming from 5e and putting things in like the Ruins of Symbaroum quick start that's been released a while ago, it's easy to put in new classes/races etc ... this ruleset is difficult to do that.

Attachment 46018

I requested a loto of time but nothing... I fear APG will never arrive. It's ironic that some exstention of coreRpg support Symbaroum with the APG rules XD

I haven’t heard any word on the APG since last year so I’m going to take a stab at creating a custom module with the new content but I’ll only be able to get so far. I don’t know how to code these rulesets so most of my work will be data entry.

I do wish the character sheet was easier to read at the top of the main page and that you could drag and drop races and occupations onto the sheet for easy reference. Hopefully this ruleset isn’t dead and eventually we’ll get some more updates for quality of life improvements and new content and not just a few tweaks to keep it running with the current version of Fantasy Grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeval View Post
    I haven’t heard any word on the APG since last year so I’m going to take a stab at creating a custom module with the new content but I’ll only be able to get so far. I don’t know how to code these rulesets so most of my work will be data entry.

I do wish the character sheet was easier to read at the top of the main page and that you could drag and drop races and occupations onto the sheet for easy reference. Hopefully this ruleset isn’t dead and eventually we’ll get some more updates for quality of life improvements and new content and not just a few tweaks to keep it running with the current version of Fantasy Grounds.
    It's pretty easy to put stuff in normally, but with the state of the ruleset putting in all the new Archetypes is nearly impossible. See my post above. There doesn't seem to be a way to put in the Example Archetypes - it opens a new box when you click on them with their info, but there's no way I see to add new ones. Granted it's just info so you could copy/paste each one into a story entry, but I like everything neatly in it's own box lol

Not all hope is lost. I raised the subject a few times but essentially they are focusing on Foundry now. However there are few guys still working on FG rulesets so eventually the APG will be out.

If they’ve moved on to developing content for another company I wish they would have said as much, or said anything. I haven’t heard a peep from a developer here which makes me think this ruleset is dead which is a shame. I hope they find someone more active on FG to take over if the original developer(s) want to move on to making content for Foundry.

I just wish they'd clean up the create formatting, I can create my own APG stuff pretty easily. But at this point I've given up on this ruleset and put in the Ruins of Symbaroum 5e edition quick start that has a few of the races and classes in it. The 5e version will get a full release on Foundry by backing the kickstarter. I like Foundry, but for 5e FG can't be beat.

I stopped playing 5e because I got bored with the system, I really liked the system for this and I was hoping it would have a little more support as an official ruleset. I guess I’ll go back to PF2e and some of the various other community rulesets.

I’ve invested a lot in Fantasy Grounds content which is why I’m not interested in learning foundry and I don’t like the bare bones approach of Roll20.

Thread Information