DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Confused on what is going on in TEST

Two things I just noticed (5E TEST):

1) Darkness
    I was expecting a darkness light source to be like any other light source - a sphere. Yet somehow it does some bizarre cone shape for an extended way. Why?

2) DB status trigger:

It "appears" that when I trigger on something like this...

DB.addHandler("combattracker.list.*.status", "onUpdate", onDead);

That I no longer get reliable results. It's almost random and sometimes will only update if I manually double click on the token.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

1) Darkness is still being worked on. Due to performance of certain calculations, the darkness clipping is "approximate" for now. We're looking at how to improve that for the long term.

2) The DB status trigger is exactly the same between Live and Test; and I haven't seen any effects in rulesets to indicate any problems like that. You may need to check your assumptions on when that gets updated.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    1) Darkness is still being worked on. Due to performance of certain calculations, the darkness clipping is "approximate" for now. We're looking at how to improve that for the long term.

2) The DB status trigger is exactly the same between Live and Test; and I haven't seen any effects in rulesets to indicate any problems like that. You may need to check your assumptions on when that gets updated.

Regards,
    JPG
    On 2, so when DOES it get updated? I assumed anytime the status changed that would get triggered. But it is not always the case. I suppose I can watch "wounds" instead if you think that would be more reliable on triggering.

You'd have to review the code that updates status; and also consider host vs. player client update timing.

One of the problems that I ran into when handling the health calculation timing is that order of updates of different nodes changes depending on which node is update first. (i.e. if PC hp/wounds updated vs. if CT hp/wounds updated)

Regards,
    JPG

You'd have to review the code that updates status; and also consider host vs. player client update timing.

One of the problems that I ran into when handling the health calculation timing is that order of updates of different nodes changes depending on which node is update first. (i.e. if PC hp/wounds updated vs. if CT hp/wounds updated)

Regards,
    JPG
    Yeah my test was more of a fireball killing a large number. Some triggered - some were lost. To get the status update to trigger on the ones that failed to update I had to double click on token which was just weird. I'll mess around with watching PC/NPC wounds in CT and see if that is better.

If the value of the status doesn't actually change (i.e. status is assigned the same value it already has); then no updates will be triggered.

JPG

If the value of the status doesn't actually change (i.e. status is assigned the same value it already has); then no updates will be triggered.

JPG
    Yeah sorry about that was a subtle bug in one of 4 checks I had - so was triggering but was then misinterpreting the result. My bad - thanks for the help.

Thread Information