FG Spreadshirt Swag

Odd combat issue - FGU

My players have been having an issue with targeting and damage for the last few weeks' sessions. This started happening well after the big February update so I didn't think it was related. The odd thing is, when I go to troubleshoot it on my side after we play I'm unable to reproduce the issue. What I'm seeing is that a certain set of my 7 PCs lose the ability to target monsters as well as apply damage to them. It does not matter whether they use the targeting within the combat tracker or a cntrl+click via the map. Not all players have this issue, it's usually two or three out of the seven players. Usually the same few players. Everyone is one the same version of FGU client. We're running the official Descent into Avernus module. I've tried deleting their tokens and re-dragging from the tracker. I've tried the same for any NPCs on the board as well. Same effect, most players target and apply damage correctly, but a few cannot. Having players re-log into the client also does not change the behavior. The list of extensions (all updated as current as possible I believe) I'm currently using is:

5E_Attunement_Tracker
    5E_Next_Level_XP_Automation
    5e_Roll_For_Initiative_Addon_V0.19
    5E_Indicators
    AttackRollFontColor
    AutomaticFlankingandRange
    AutomaticPackTactics
    ConstitutionalAmendments
    Critically_Awesome_Essentials_FGU
    Mad_Nomads_Automatic_Actions_Tab_Additions
    ReadyCheck
    SharingIsCaring
    Syrinscape_Sounds
    Use Up Powers

Any ideas on what to look at? I know I can start removing extensions as we're all playing, but I've hesitated to disrupt our game if I could avoid it.

Blog Entries
    I would start by disabling flanking, pack tactics, critically awesome and sharing.

Note that rather than just an issue with one extension, it is possible that you now have a conflict between two of them.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks all. I'll try dropping flanking, tactics and CAE and report back my findings after our game on Wednesday night.

Chiming back in on what this issue ended up being. Characters that had issues with targeting and damage were using a hotbar item for their weapon/damage. Everything worked properly if they clicked on the items that were on their character sheets. I have a feeling that the hotbar items were invalidated at some point when I either modified the weapon or deleted them and re-added them. But in the end all is good for us now. Thank you for your help, there is no conflict between the extensions/mods I was using.
    Last edited by Tatas; May 23rd, 2021 at 01:54.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatas View Post
    Chiming back in on what this issue ended up being. Characters that had issues with targeting and damage were using a hotbar item for their weapon/damage. Everything worked properly if they clicked on the items that were on their character sheets. I have a feeling that they hotbar items were invalidated at some point when I either modified the weapon or deleted them and re-added them. But in the end all is good for us now. Thank you for your help, there is no conflict between the extensions/mods I was using.
    Yep, most certainly. The hotbar is not a link to the item/action dragged there, it is a copy of any actions or die rolls. So it made a copy of the weapon and doesn't/won't update if you update the weapon (or other action).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information