STAR TREK 2d20

map disappears with LOS?

I made a small video (excuse the audio convo in the background hahaha).

here you can see that there are several players that it works fine for but when you select two players, the map disapears... until you UNselect them. What causes this bug and how do we fix it?

https://youtu.be/RpoLUbiMlKE

Moving the Unity Help forum.

We'd have to get a copy of the campaign folder zipped up to investigate.

Questions:
    * Are you using any extensions? If so, does it still happen without them loaded?
    * Is that the GM view or player view?
    * What effects do those tokens have on them? (Blinded condition will block sight from tokens)
    * If the player view, is Party Movement and Vision option enabled?

Regards,
    JPG

This is the player view. I'll talk to the GM to see if we can get the info you've requested. I had no modules loaded. No known effects, the GM said no blind effect. Assuming it shows in the combat tracker....

Spoke w/ the GM, here's her reply:

No extensions
    You were in the player view
    no effects on the tokens
    I believe so on the last question

for the campaign folder, is that something i (the player) gets you or her (the dm) gets you?

The GM would have to provide the zipped up version of the campaign folder. (If too big for attachment, then use Google Drive or DropBox and provide link.)

Also, I need the exact map and location where that issue was occurring as well as the specific tokens on the map. If the GM can recreate the exact scenario, that would be even faster.

Thanks,
    JPG

she gets different results. the map section is greyed out but not "visible" like the other players. it sounds like a line of sight bug, somewhere. i'll forward her this link and see if she's able/willing to send the campaign folder/zip/tar. so far, its any map that we've played for the last two weeks (1 day a week) but can get the map names we interacted with.

Another GM and I are having the same issue. Both with a created and imported map and with the supplied maps in the modules. Anytime the Line of Sight is enabled, the players can only see a black screen. As the GM, everything concerning the Line of Sight works just fine when using the player vision preview. When playing in his campaign I just get the black screen while Line of Sight is active. I've sent him this link to hopefully post as well. I've attached the campaign zip.

Edit: We fixed it by enabling lighting even though it was not being used on the map.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gwrubberducky; May 23rd, 2021 at 01:38.

Thread Information