FG Spreadshirt Swag

Set up Holy Avenger

Good Day All
    I am not playing in the 2E system yet (Hopefully I will be DMing it after this 5E campaign).
    I was playing around with the system and tried dropping a Holy Avenger onto a Paladin PC Inventory tab. It populated and showed equipped, but it did not show up on the Actions tab as a weapon to attack or damage with.
    I saw on the Weapons tab of the Holy Avenger there was no data so I tried dragging and dropping a Longsword and it populated the tab, but it now only shows up as a regular longsword.

Thanks for any help

Show us a screenshot of the Weapon please.

See below.
    Last edited by galfaroth2000; May 8th, 2021 at 13:03.

Attachment 46441

For automation regarding "paladin" abilities, use the "Effect Features"... is not perfect, but it helps a lot.

Attachment 46442

Set the +2 damage in MOD, and magic +2 (damage type) using the gear, be sure the damage corresponds to the right sword you are setting up.

Attachment 46443

Just add the Dispell spell to the third tab, rename it to reflect the aura "type" of the ability (and change the name of the group to "Weapon ability" or something like that)

Not fully automated, but is better than nothing.
    Regards

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by galfaroth2000 View Post
    Attachment 46441

For automation regarding "paladin" abilities, use the "Effect Features"... is not perfect, but it helps a lot.

Attachment 46442

Set the +2 damage in MOD, and magic +2 (damage type) using the gear, be sure the damage corresponds to the right sword you are setting up.

Attachment 46443

Just add the Dispell spell to the third tab, rename it to reflect the aura "type" of the ability (and change the name of the group to "Weapon ability" or something like that)

Regards
    Hopefully your attachments will be approved so interested users can see them.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Attachment 46441

Attachment 46442

Attachment 46443

Regards
    Good Day Galfaroth
    Thanks for the reply.
    I too hope to see the attachments. I have not had the chance to revisit the 2E system yet due to RL intruding on my RPG life but will as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkon View Post
    Good Day All
    I am not playing in the 2E system yet (Hopefully I will be DMing it after this 5E campaign).
    I was playing around with the system and tried dropping a Holy Avenger onto a Paladin PC Inventory tab. It populated and showed equipped, but it did not show up on the Actions tab as a weapon to attack or damage with.
    I saw on the Weapons tab of the Holy Avenger there was no data so I tried dragging and dropping a Longsword and it populated the tab, but it now only shows up as a regular longsword.

Thanks for any help
    The default weapon in the DMG was left empty of a weapon tab section as the holy weapon could be of any type of weapon (broadsword, bastardsword, longsword/etc...). If you drag/drop the type of weapon into the weapon tab it will add those fields. The holy avenger however has various special abilities... some of which can be automated (bonus to evil/undead) and others you cannot (dispel field).
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Sorry. I never noticed this "issue" regarding attachment approval.
    I will use image servers in the future.

IF: CLASS(Paladin); ATK: 3; DMG: +3, magic +5; IFT:ALIGN(evil); DMG: 10 ;this handles the extra bonus and damage in paladin hands.
    IF: CLASS(Paladin); AURA: 5 all 00BFFF; MR: 50 ;this handles the magic resistance aura
    As far as I tried is not possible to set the "dispel" aura size using "IF: CLASS(Paladin); AURA: [LEVEL$*5] all red;", so you have to remember or update "IF: CLASS(Paladin); AURA: [5] all red;", the number to reflect the current level of paladin

Set the +2 damage in MOD, and magic +2 (damage type) using the gear, be sure the damage corresponds to the right sword you are setting up. Remember to manually adjust the weapon speed for making "2 units faster" than the original weapon. (if a paladin is using it, you should have to make it faster manually later)

Just add the Dispel spell to the third tab, rename it to reflect the aura "type" of the ability (and change the name of the group to "Weapon ability" or something like that). The Dispel effect is very complex even when is casted as a spell, so it has to be managed by the GM when needed, same here.

Regards

Blog Entries
    You can handle the quicker weapon speed if weilder is a Paladin with an effect of INIT: -3 as well in there I believe.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Sorry. I never noticed this "issue" regarding attachment approval.
    I will use image servers in the future.

IF: CLASS(Paladin); ATK: 3; DMG: +3, magic +5; IFT:ALIGN(evil); DMG: 10 ;this handles the extra bonus and damage in paladin hands.
    IF: CLASS(Paladin); AURA: 5 all 00BFFF; MR: 50 ;this handles the magic resistance aura
    As far as I tried is not possible to set the "dispel" aura size using "IF: CLASS(Paladin); AURA: [LEVEL$*5] all red;", so you have to remember or update "IF: CLASS(Paladin); AURA: [5] all red;", the number to reflect the current level of paladin

Set the +2 damage in MOD, and magic +2 (damage type) using the gear, be sure the damage corresponds to the right sword you are setting up. Remember to manually adjust the weapon speed for making "2 units faster" than the original weapon. (if a paladin is using it, you should have to make it faster manually later)

Just add the Dispel spell to the third tab, rename it to reflect the aura "type" of the ability (and change the name of the group to "Weapon ability" or something like that). The Dispel effect is very complex even when is casted as a spell, so it has to be managed by the GM when needed, same here.

Regards
    Great work! Thanks for sharing.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thread Information