DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Blog Entries
    I regularly (weekly) have both local (intranet) and remote (internet) connections to my games. You can do this both with LAN or Cloud brokered games.

When using cloud, everyone (even a second instance on the same computer) just joins with the GM name.
    When using a LAN game, those local to you use your internal IP address. Those external to you need to use your external (public) facing IP address.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

FG support and community STRONG recommendation: do not have your live FG data on any form of cloud-sync or active backup application. There has been many times over the years that FG support (both on these forums and outside) has had to help users who have had their FG data corrupted due to copying/backing up their live FG data via such solutions. As best you may be lucky for a period of time and not notice an issue, at worst you'll lose a lot of your data and hard work (prepping or running a game). Hence the strong recommendation made again and again on these forums - don't put your live FG data on such solutions - if you do so, you're doing so at your own risk.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I agree with the "at worst part", but disagree with the "at best" part. No luck involved, just technology at work.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I regularly (weekly) have both local (intranet) and remote (internet) connections to my games. You can do this both with LAN or Cloud brokered games.

When using cloud, everyone (even a second instance on the same computer) just joins with the GM name.
    When using a LAN game, those local to you use your internal IP address. Those external to you need to use your external (public) facing IP address.
    Thank you so much.
    If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

Thread Information