DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Automated spell slot check after cast spell

I finished LMoP, it was a blast. Player reported that at some point the automatic spell slot check after cast from Actions tab stopped working. Since I really didn't pay attention to that, I tested myself and indeed the spell slots are not automatically expended after case. Tried from various settings (Combat, Standard) of the panel. I am not sure if this actually worked or the player was misguided.

Can you share if this feature exists?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

It does not. Players need to tick off their own spells slots. FG doesn't know that a PC might be casting a spell with a higher level slot - so it's a manual process.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    I finished LMoP, it was a blast. Player reported that at some point the automatic spell slot check after cast from Actions tab stopped working. Since I really didn't pay attention to that, I tested myself and indeed the spell slots are not automatically expended after case. Tried from various settings (Combat, Standard) of the panel. I am not sure if this actually worked or the player was misguided.

Can you share if this feature exists?
    Like it's been stated its not something that FG does natively. There is however a couple of extensions that will automate this for you, I believe its the Combat automation and Spell automation extensions that will tick off the spell slot and let you do upcasting as well.

I don't know if the Spell automation extension is still available on the DM's Guild but Combat automation was the last time I looked.

Happy Gaming to you.

Good Day Valyar
    This is the extension I have used for a long time that helps with this:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...wers-extension

Perhaps that is what your player is thinking of

I second that. the expansion works.

Thanks for the suggestion Bonkon, we will try it

Upcasting really should be baked into FG. It creates a lot of work for the player/DM if they want it automated.
    I've added a suggested feature at https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=136235
    ChumSlinger
    Guaranteed fresh, 100% Grade A Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by ChumSlinger View Post
    Upcasting really should be baked into FG. It creates a lot of work for the player/DM if they want it automated.
    I've added a suggested feature at https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=136235
    It is much easier to click, hold, drag and right click to add damage dice and then drop on the target - which is no work at all for players and especially not the DM.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

For a lot of things like this, where someone has already coded an extension, that would tell me the core FG system is capable of doing it -- it's just not been added a part of the Core 5e functionality (would work for PF1/2 as well I would think). I have spent so much extra money on extensions, that I wouldn't even mind having a minor cost associated with it for having some Spell Automation provided by Smiteworks as an add-on to the core install. I mean, let's be real, if we're spending money to pay outside of SW for devs to do this, it may not be a popular opinion but logic would say those would spend money would spend it on the things that brought them (as a DM) or their players added value. No different to buying PaintShop Pro and having to spend an extra bit on added brushes and effects to do additional things for you.

Thread Information