DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Generic Table creation question

Ok, I'm building a table to generate magic items and each item has a variable level. So a magic sword might be 1d6 level... How do I generate the level of the sword automatically so I don't have to generate another table with 6 variations of the sword? Or is that the only way?

Blog Entries
    Only two ways I know of, either put all six swords (1 per level) in the first table, or have a table of swords. You might want to look at Jim Sock's "Content Generator" module here on the forums. I believe it's a great example of what can be done with tables.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It depends on what you want the end product to be. If you want to output an actual item then you'll need a table with all six sword items linked to it and call that from your main table. If you just want it to tell you a level then you can add [1d6] to the table line and it will generate a number for you.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

OK, I figured... I'll make a table for each item per level (so 6 variations of the same item only each with a different level) and then connect that table to the larger table... It's more work but outputs what I want (an already "finished" item in the parcel that can be dragged-and-dropped then used right off the bat without modifying)... Much obliged...

Thread Information