STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

CT deleted tokens not removed from map

While I personally like this behavior (optionally) my assumption is that this is not intentional. When I delete a PC token from CT the corresponding token is not removed from the map. I think this also happens with NPCs, but didn't check again.

Reproduce:

- Create new campaign (tried CoreRPG and PF2).
    - Create new PC character.
    - Drag PC character to CT.
    - Open map.
    - Drag CT PC to map.
    - Delete CT PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    While I personally like this behavior (optionally) my assumption is that this is not intentional. When I delete a PC token from CT the corresponding token is not removed from the map. I think this also happens with NPCs, but didn't check again.
    This only occurs for PCs, NPC tokens are removed from the map.
    I would actually like to see this behavior for NPCs also, but it's a very low priority to me.

Yes, I would also like to have this for NPCs, but not for PCs. So it's the other way around currently. Still may be unintentional for PCs, so good to report and sorry for not being sure about NPCs (had to write the report in between work).

This was the original design (though done a very long time ago).

The idea was that removing the PC entry from the combat tracker temporarily (which some GMs do for split party and other scenarios) would not lose the token placement on the map. It is intentional that NPC tokens are remove on CT entry delete; since NPC tokens are ephemeral for most GMs, and they want them to go away when the CT entry is deleted. (or else they would have to radial menu delete every NPC token after deleting the CT entry).

So, the reason why PC vs. NPC deletion is different is based on expected use cases for the majority of users. And, to be honest, this has been in place for probably 7-8 years, with almost no discussion. So, the assumption that it is the use case for most users seems to hold.

Regards,
    JPG

Not sure about the usefulness (especially with FoW being deleted anyway), but it's also not much of a problem to delete single PC chars (when a player misses a session) or the whole group (when maps are switched). Just wanted to make sure that it is intentional and no bug as I only recently massively noticed it when I did tested TEST and LIVE back and forth with a dedicated PC char just for testing.

Another reason why I had to make sure is that lately we had various PC vs CT related issues (player rolls not happening, or happening but not being applied) and I wondered if the tokens not being deleted were a symptom of that when I tried to renew the CT entries.

I like to leave my NPCs around after they die because players might want to see if they can loot them after combat, currently this is annoying as the only way is to leave them in the combat tracker and then they're still part of the combat rotation and it kind of sucks. Can we have some kind of way of deleting them from the CT and keep their token on the map?

@Weissrolf,
    This may be related to another issue reported where dragging tokens between maps is not linking to combat tracker correctly causing target mismatch on rolls. A workaround is to always drag from combat tracker for each map.

@Zykatious,
    There are a few extensions that do blood splats or death tokens; and keep track of all the "death tokens" for easier cleanup. You might look at those, if you're interested in something like that.

Regards,
    JPG

I usually don't move tokens from map to map, though. In the case where one player's rolls were not applied to targets I specifically removed him from CT and map and then added his char back to CT and map. Still the same problem, while I could roll from his char-sheet without problems. I suspect that the player could have logged out and back in to solve it. This is where I wanted to make sure that the PC token not being removed with the CT PC was intentional and not a side-effect.

The latter case of rolls not happening upon click seems unrelated, because a retry worked for each player (and GM) suffering from it. Looked more like a overload situation where FGU did not properly register the mouse-clicks on the damage buttons anymore.

Personally, I think if any token/entry from the CT is removed it should be removed from maps. NPC or otherwise.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thread Information