5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Single-click vs. double-click buttons are another point of regular confusion for my players. We are new customers, we never got used to the same thing working in two different ways and keep being astounded when "we always did it this way" is put down as an argument for not improving things.
    Windows is the same in many respects. Icons on the desktop take 2 clicks but most other things take 1 click. I dont recall ever having difficulty with it but I see plenty of people double clicking urls and menus etc and it confounds me!

Ive never noticed this PC removal issue but it does sound anomalous to me.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Windows is the same in many respects. Icons on the desktop take 2 clicks but most other things take 1 click. I dont recall ever having difficulty with it but I see plenty of people double clicking urls and menus etc and it confounds me!
    As someone who works in IT (mostly with seniors), I am forever astounded that they left it like that back in the early days of Windows.
    Last edited by bmos; April 17th, 2021 at 12:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Question is if Fantasy Ground sees itself as being written for old clients who cannot adapt to consistency changes or to new clients who expect a more consistent user-interface and user-experience. Single-click vs. double-click buttons are another point of regular confusion for my players. We are new customers, we never got used to the same thing working in two different ways and keep being astounded when "we always did it this way" is put down as an argument for not improving things.

Anyway, the question was answered. No bug, nothing to worry about. Thanks for that.
    So what you're effectively saying, is that when a new user comes along and disagrees with the way YOU want a feature to work, then Smiteworks should just change it? This sounds like a very limited view of the world. How about you just point things out once, and then let the devs decide what to do with that information using their experience as a guide. These passive-aggressive comments don't help anyone ("my way is better for 'reasons' but feel free to do it your way"). I have found that the loudest voices usually aren't the most helpful.

This is just my .02 and I won't be reading replies. Sorry devs for adding to the noise.

Devs, we appreciate your efforts and *love* your product.

Speak your mind, but don't play my tongue.

Blog Entries
    Changing a user interface on an existing application is not a simple issue. There are many factors to consider. Just a few of which include user expectations (including existing, new and potential users), documentation, and developer resources.

There are nearly an unlimited number of classes, seminars, blogs, and research articles on how to design a new UI. But rarely do UI designers talk about the factors that impact changing an existing UI. It's not an easy subject, nor is their much consensus I can find on the topic either. I'm not surprised there is not consensus on the forums here either.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It's a little odd because I just noticed this behavior (PCs still on the map after being removed from CT) in the last month....I thought it was odd that I never noticed that before. Not that it's a big deal...just seems like it didnt used to do that.

No it's always done that. But, generally it's rare you take PCs off the tracker unless the party TPKs.

As I argued in discord:

Leaving a PC token in the map after the CT entry for it has been deleted means next time you add it back into CT that leftover token is "dead to lighting effects" because its not getting stuff reattached that was removed during CT deletion. To me its a bug - you either delete the PC token from the map with the CT removal (not the other way) or you make sure that putting the CT entry BACK into the CT reestablishes the lighting logic to the token. Anything else is just wrong. Leaving a dead token on map for lighting is just wrong.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    As I argued in discord:

Leaving a PC token in the map after the CT entry for it has been deleted means next time you add it back into CT that leftover token is "dead to lighting effects" because its not getting stuff reattached that was removed during CT deletion. To me its a bug - you either delete the PC token from the map with the CT removal (not the other way) or you make sure that putting the CT entry BACK into the CT reestablishes the lighting logic to the token. Anything else is just wrong. Leaving a dead token on map for lighting is just wrong.
    I'm not seeing this. I add a token to the CT and activate a light effect. Place the token on the map and I see lights. I then delete the token from the CT and then replace it back onto the CT; activate the light effect and place it back onto the same (or any other map) and I see the light (that's if I am understanding the problem correctly).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I'm not seeing this. I add a token to the CT and activate a light effect. Place the token on the map and I see lights. I then delete the token from the CT and then replace it back onto the CT; activate the light effect and place it back onto the same (or any other map) and I see the light (that's if I am understanding the problem correctly).
    Well you would actually have to do what I complained about here and in discord.

The words “place it back on the map” was a dead give away you did not understand.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thread Information