5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Considering financials/compensation;
    Given what I've already put in, one can easily take 1500 hours per level. And if it sells well, maybe I'll sell 200 copies, at fifteen dollars, of which I will get half. So fifteen hundred dollars, or one dollar an hour.
    Getting 50% of the sale price would be a pretty big percentage and for me, unheard of. The non-WoTC products might be higher but I'd be surprised if it was 15-20%.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Getting 50% of the sale price would be a pretty big percentage and for me, unheard of. The non-WoTC products might be higher but I'd be surprised if it was 15-20%.
    DMsGuild for original content is fifty percent. Pure conversion work is often much less, though sometimes it is as high as twentyfive.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    DMsGuild for original content is fifty percent. Pure conversion work is often much less, though sometimes it is as high as twentyfive.
    I was mostly speaking purely as a on the FG store. I am not familiar with the DMsguild (only allows 5e content) but I have looked at Drivethrurpg.com. I would think Frog Gods would probably sell it through the store in FG and not Drivethru but no clue. I know they wouldn't go through Dmsguild because far as I know you do that you no longer "own" the content.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    So far the only 3 places that FG content can be sold is the store here, Steam (and I think some IP owners are getting Steam codes to sell now), and DMSGuild. RA does not meet the requirments for DMsguild and I doubt that any large 3rd party publisher would want to give up their IP. I just finished Tome of Horrors (need to do the screen shots and marketing copy and send on in for review and approval) and that was 342 pages of monsters and was a big effort. RA is 660 pages and has maps (all need LOS and soon lighting), new monsters, traps (all need to be coded), parcels with lots of unique items, each item needs to be created and takes quite a while. I am not even sure how long that would take. In the fits and starts I do their smaller 32 page modules it easily stretchs over a month as I have only so much free time. The 3rd party conversions take longer because using the SRD slows you down.

I think I am going to just do Mouth of Doom and down until it gets to the tunnel that leads to the main RA complex for personal use for cons.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

If anyone wants help getting a RA 5E D&D campaign going, give me pm.

I'm currently converting Rappan Athuk to FGU so that I can run it. For me the most tedious part has been inputting the entire Bestiary in. All the rest of the Appendix items are in now and so far I have The maps for the Wilderness areas, The Cloister of the frog god Zelkor's Ferry and The Tunnels of terror done with player and DM copies. Story wise I've done the same as the maps except currently working on the Tunnels of terror. So that I don't go too crazy I do the encounters and Treasure parcels as I do each story section..

Its been pretty fun for me and because I just recently started using Dungeondraft i redid some of the maps and others I used the maps I got from the Kickstarter.

Stay sane and happy gaming!!

Too much work, I will wait for some OFFICIAL implementation on dmsguild. If ever.

I think I will just use Dungeon of The Mad Mage it seems the only ready made megadungeon on 5e for FGU.

The rest too much of work, I still have a job, I am not retired yet so not enough time....
    Neuronblaster GM on warhorn.net

can we delete this BOT? thanks moderators

and guys don't click the link is DANGEROUS link

MOD Removed link to deleted spam post
    Last edited by superteddy57; May 28th, 2021 at 08:14.
    Neuronblaster GM on warhorn.net

Quote Originally Posted by *Neuro* View Post
    can we delete this BOT? thanks moderators
    Please report spam via the "Report post" button beneath the post. This brings the post to the attention of the moderators immediately.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I converted Tome of Horrors by FGG which has a bunch of Rappan Athuk monsters and it is in the approval queue right now and should eventually end up in the store. Unfortunately, the formatting choices in layout don’t exactly match what the 3rd party tool expects so the conversion was in FG itself which took a long time. RA has a lot of new monsters (I was on the team that did the conversion to 5e).

At least FGG did make a bunch of VTT maps and did do a bunch of tokens for the monsters.

I have the entry level to Mouth of Doom done and Zelkors Ferry as well, and I use them for online con games.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Thread Information