STAR TREK 2d20

5e Languages not recognizing. Possible bug

As title says. I have two characters on my table that knows elvish. But the "Understood by: " is not showing them.

Both are in the CT and in my Party Sheet.
    I have disabled all my extensions before retesting this, but remained.

Screenshot_2.jpg

In the last session i used it, it worked. (it's been a while).

Don't know if that makes a difference, but all the characters were built into the Character Wizard.

EDIT: I Figured it out. The characters must be assigned to a client. CT or Party Sheet has nothing to do.
    I logged in as a client into my own campaing and it worked!
    Last edited by Henrique Oliveira Machado; April 14th, 2021 at 23:40.

Hmm, it looks like there is a leading space in the " Elvish" on the Wei Lind character sheet.

I think not but gonna check again

I Figured it out. The characters must be assigned to a client. CT or Party Sheet has nothing to do with it, then.
    I logged in as a client into my own campaing and it worked!

The problem is. I have no way on seeing wich NPCs understand the language, since NPCs aren't assigned to players. But that's a thing for later consern.

NPCs don’t understand languages in the sense that they cannot interpret anything in chat. The translation only works as you say when a player is connected since it needs to be broadcast. Even if a player controls an NPC that NPC won’t understand any language. At least I don’t think they will - I haven’t tested that.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    NPCs don’t understand languages in the sense that they cannot interpret anything in chat. The translation only works as you say when a player is connected since it needs to be broadcast. Even if a player controls an NPC that NPC won’t understand any language. At least I don’t think they will - I haven’t tested that.
    I have tested and it doesn't work since NPCs can't be assigned to a Client.
    My main consern was with PCs, and since i solved that,this is fine. I'm just gonna have to use by brains to remember what languages are being spoken lol.
    I'm just gonna be extra brutal so NPCs dies faster lol

An extension on that would be cool, tho.

Thread Information