FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Combat tracker script error

Patched RM FRP today and then opened FG and the update ran today (about 7pm BST).
    Ran a combat about 9pm and every time we added to combat tracker or opened it we got
    Script Error: (string "vt/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:443: attempt to call field 'getValue' ( a nil value)

That looks like it's probably an extension issue. The ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua file that comes with Rolemaster ruleset does not have a getValue call on Line 443.

You should report in the FRP extension thread, since it is a community project.

Regards,
    JPG

Yeah, I think Ardem mentioned it was due to unused code for the upcoming Live release of Vision and Lighting effect that both he and Dakadin have been working upon implementing within the RM side of FG.

Once lighting comes out live for RMC, it’ll auto work for RMFRP’s ext and those log errors on startup on a server will go away(ie. they’ll now be in use/have references and linkage working).
    🍻
    Last edited by Majyk; April 15th, 2021 at 06:45. Reason: Accuracy

I think you should redownload that extension. Line 443 (mentioned in the error) doesn't include "getValue" as mentioned in the error (at least when I downloaded the latest version FRP.EXT Version 2.28).

Hi guys,

FRP 2.29 is out so it might be related, there are some CT changes here, this might fix the issue if not let me know.
    ------------------
    Ardem

Discord: Ardem#4756
    Teamspeak Server: ts3.varidan.com.au
    Ultimate Licencse: FGC/FGU

Campaign Currently Running: Greenbrook Rolemaster FRP (Weekly Wednesday 8.00pm-11.00pm), YouTube Stream

Game/Ruleset created: Extinction Event
    Extensions created: Rolemaster FRP, XP Extension, Random Extension

Quote Originally Posted by Ardem View Post
    Hi guys,

FRP 2.29 is out so it might be related, there are some CT changes here, this might fix the issue if not let me know.
    OK so we are contuining to get script errors when interfacting with the CT.
    As a precaution I deleted all the mods and ext, redownloaded them all and checked for updates.

So we get a script error when the CT is opened. We get error when clicking on the effects icon for a characters.
    We get errors when deleting or adding NPCs.

I aslo find the characters boxes on CT have everything open and I cant toggle attacks, parry or movement bits on and off so the CT gets hard to navigate.
    Now attacks will work and will resolve but this is obviously impairing the functioanlity of the game.

I aave recorded a 2 min video of this which might help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtFf9ayjqlU
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by rdenning View Post
    OK so we are contuining to get script errors when interfacting with the CT.
    As a precaution I deleted all the mods and ext, redownloaded them all and checked for updates.

So we get a script error when the CT is opened. We get error when clicking on the effects icon for a characters.
    We get errors when deleting or adding NPCs.

I aslo find the characters boxes on CT have everything open and I cant toggle attacks, parry or movement bits on and off so the CT gets hard to navigate.
    Now attacks will work and will resolve but this is obviously impairing the functioanlity of the game.

I aave recorded a 2 min video of this which might help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtFf9ayjqlU
    Have you tried clearing the CT and seeing if adding them back in still results in an error or verified it's happening in a new clean campaign?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Hi rdenning,

I just checked those errors against the line numbers in the RolemasterClassic ruleset and they don't seem to match up so it is likely related to the RMFRP.ext. Which version of it do you have and have you tried downloading the latest version that Ardem posted? If so, I can always download the extension again and look at the code to see if I can help you get past these errors.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

I have tried loaunching an enture new campaign and I get eth script erros still on opening teh CT or interfacing with it. I am using RM FRP ext 2.29 (the latest). I tred completely wiping all mods and ext and redownloading.

I played a full session with the latest mod and fight and no issues. I did have that error prior to 2.29. If you can send me you campaign file see if I get it on my end.

FGU or FGC??
    ------------------
    Ardem

Discord: Ardem#4756
    Teamspeak Server: ts3.varidan.com.au
    Ultimate Licencse: FGC/FGU

Campaign Currently Running: Greenbrook Rolemaster FRP (Weekly Wednesday 8.00pm-11.00pm), YouTube Stream

Game/Ruleset created: Extinction Event
    Extensions created: Rolemaster FRP, XP Extension, Random Extension

Thread Information