DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Can I determine success by rolling between 2 numbers?

Hi and apologies if this is the wrong forum on which to post this.

I'd like to use morecore to test a homebrew system but I'm trying to find a way to roll a d100 and return a success if the diceroll is higher than value A but lower than value B. I've looked through all of the built in rolls but can't find anything that works this way.

I'm also wondering if there is a built in way to determine, say a critical success based on the outcome of this roll.

Is this something that morecore would natively support or would I need to learn Lua and make it myself (a daunting prospect right now!)

Any help would be appreciated, and again if I'm posting in the wrong place feel free to move / remove this question.

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Hi Talsar there is no current support for that. There are several rollover and rollunder Rolls in the ruleset but the only thing that comes close to a roll between mechanic is the hitos system which looks at the middle die of three d10s...
    Learn some Lua - its good for you!

Hi Damned, thanks for the fast response

I guess learning Lua is probably the next logical step then, I haven't done any coding in years though! I'll probably try to get hold of a book on it and go from there.

Thread Information