DICE PACKS BUNDLE

FoW not respecting darkvision

Campaign 3.5E, one player connected via localhost.
    When you or the player moves, only with darkvision and no torches, etc., the FoW is in color.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Open Campaign
    2. Open Map "300gpp" as player
    3. Move around
    -> see that the FoW is in color, although your character only has darkvision.

Campaign: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PYr...ew?usp=sharing

Screenshot:
    Last edited by Zarestia; April 14th, 2021 at 01:22.

Yes, that's correct. FoW has always been in color, just shaded and gray-scaled slightly.

Regards,
    JPG

Oh ok, haven't really tested it before. FoW is a topic which can be a bit "difficult"
    Best would be in my opinion that FoW stays with whatever vision the token has seen it, normal light (e.g. torch, etc.) overwriting everything. But that is again only my opinion. The current implementation works totally fine for me, as normally there are some torches held by players.

I played a bit with the dim options and colors and can manipulate it so it looks a bit more distinguishable between dim light and darkvision on the edge (I configured dim falloff way below 50 from a torch, looked better for me).
    Last edited by Zarestia; April 14th, 2021 at 14:35. Reason: grammar

There's no good way to track FoW by vision type. That means we would have to track a complete FoW data set (lots of points) multiplied by the number of visions for every token.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information