Starfinder Playlist

FGU token performance

I'm trying to understand if the bottleneck is known. I'm running production version, so no lighting, on a pretty big machine (some dxdiag at the bottom), with six players (+me) in a private cloud game. When the enemy count gets up to 20, the game drops to a crawl. My GPU usage is at most 30%, memory is less than 20%, and CPU peaks at 7%. Basically the machine is bored, but the game crawls until the enemy count is down.

So what is going slow with this many tokens when my machine doesn't seem to be a problem?

Edit: I meant to add, specifically this is in D&D 5e, Mad Mage, Level 10, room 25, where you hit 3 encounters at once (a, b, & c). I loaded this up to double-check, and with no players everything runs fine. Is there something in the client communication that brings it down?

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
    Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1650 v4 @ 3.60GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
    Memory: 32768MB RAM
    Page File: 10617MB used, 87580MB available
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
    Display Memory: 19318 MB
    Current Mode: 3840 x 2160 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Native Mode: 3840 x 2160(p) (59.997Hz)
    Last edited by thebuda; April 13th, 2021 at 23:53.

Blog Entries
    I believe their is (or was it solved?) and issue if you placed the map in background mode. If you do, you need to resize your FG window after doing this, otherwise proper culling of LOS segments was not being done.

You can also try testing to see if this is the issue by not using the map in background mode and leaving it in a window. Other things to try or would be important is to know if this happens on all maps or just some and how many LOS segments and what types etc their are on teh map if it is one of your own i.e. not available in FG store.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Do not use token movement approval, this will drop performance for your players, move them manually as GM. The GM does not suffer from this, though, so other than making sure all tokens are in sync it does little for your own performance.

With the map maximized/fullscreen/background resize the application window back and forth to workaround a bug. You need to redo this when you send an image to the background. You can see the bug active when the map scrolling icon in the lower right is gone, once it reappears the workaround is active. That being said, it's seems to be a GPU thing mostly, while "game drops to a crawls" usually is a CPU problem. The game only runs on a single CPU core, so 7% is close to the 8.3% of one core being maxed out on your rig (100% / 12).

Token movement approval should no longer drop performance. Please let the original user continue their feedback based on our questions.

If you are still seeing performance issues with token movement approval different than drag approval, please post in a new thread.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Token movement approval should no longer drop performance. Please let the original user continue their feedback based on our questions.

If you are still seeing performance issues with token movement approval different than drag approval, please post in a new thread.

Regards,
    JPG
    Does the statement about the perf issues with token lock slowing down things apply to the LIVE or the Test environment or both?

Apologies. I believe there still might be an issue with that in Live, but addressed in the latest Test build.

Regards,
    JPG

It was fixed in the latest TEST, but still happens in LIVE. Anyway, I was asked to leave (this to the professionals), so I do.

I can confirm that the slow down is due to token locking. Turning it off isn't a deal breaker, but it is the easiest way to measure movement. Not the only, but the easiest.

You can keep token locking enabled, but the GM has to manually move the tokens to their destination square instead of confirming the movement then. This is how we workaround the performance issue.

Good tip!

Thread Information