FG Spreadshirt Swag

Pulp Cthulhu NPC/Character Talents

Hi Folks,

Am I missing something, I can't seem to find where I can add various Talents to either Characters or NPC's.

Also, another question, as I'm finishing up Masks and that has mixed NPC stats for combat, will I need to build 2 versions, one for standard Cthulhu and another for Pulp?

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi Folks,

Am I missing something, I can't seem to find where I can add various Talents to either Characters or NPC's.

Also, another question, as I'm finishing up Masks and that has mixed NPC stats for combat, will I need to build 2 versions, one for standard Cthulhu and another for Pulp?

Cheers,
    MBM
    There are a couple things in the Options menu, that need to be turned on. screenshot1.png
    Then, on the "Personal" Tab of the Character Sheet, they can be dropped on the Talents section at the bottom.Screenshot2.png

As to multiple builds, if I remember correctly, the print version has some info in it if the keeper is gonna run it in PC, but I don't think there are any mechanical differences. I know I've run CoC's Amidst the Ancient Trees in Pulp, so I don't think it'd be necessary to have 2 separate builds.
    Last edited by pralix1138; April 13th, 2021 at 20:08.

Quote Originally Posted by pralix1138 View Post
    There are a couple things in the Options menu, that need to be turned on. screenshot1.png
    Then, on the "Personal" Tab of the Character Sheet, they can be dropped on the Talents section at the bottom.Screenshot2.png

As to multiple builds, if I remember correctly, the print version has some info in it if the keeper is gonna run it in PC, but I don't think there are any mechanical differences. I know I've run CoC's Amidst the Ancient Trees in Pulp, so I don't think it'd be necessary to have 2 separate builds.
    Hi Pralix1138,

Thanks for replying.

I've turned on the 'Use Pulp Cthulhu rules' and that does allow the Talents to be added to the PC sheets and a free text area for NPCs, but you have to use the Pulp Theme. That's perfect it will allow me to build a single module.

However, I don't get the Era option of 'Pulp Cthulhu'. I can only see the Pulp module, and a theme, no extension or anything additional.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hi Pralix1138,

Thanks for replying.

I've turned on the 'Use Pulp Cthulhu rules' and that does allow the Talents to be added to the PC sheets and a free text area for NPCs, but you have to use the Pulp Theme. That's perfect it will allow me to build a single module.

However, I don't get the Era option of 'Pulp Cthulhu'. I can only see the Pulp module, and a theme, no extension or anything additional.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Hmm. That's a weird one. It should give the Pulp era option. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but you have to have the CoC7e Pulp Reference module loaded. screenshot1.png
    Forgive me if you've already done that. I know you know this stuff backwards and forwards, but that seems to be the only thing I can think of to get to the Pulp era. I unloaded it and the era option disappeared, and reloaded it and it came back. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by pralix1138 View Post
    Hmm. That's a weird one. It should give the Pulp era option. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but you have to have the CoC7e Pulp Reference module loaded. screenshot1.png
    Forgive me if you've already done that. I know you know this stuff backwards and forwards, but that seems to be the only thing I can think of to get to the Pulp era. I unloaded it and the era option disappeared, and reloaded it and it came back. Hope this helps!
    Morning pralix1138,

It was down to the PC reference, I got caught out with it not having the Pulp word in the title.

All working, awesome, thanks!

Cheers,
    MBM

Morning pralix1138,

It was down to the PC reference, I got caught out with it not having the Pulp word in the title.

All working, awesome, thanks!

Cheers,
    MBM
    Happy to help! We appreciate the work you've put into this and I am personally really looking forward to Masks.
    Cheers!

Thread Information