STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: Updater failing

Updater failing

So I am attempting to run Fantasy Grounds for the first time and I cannot get past the updater. It seemingly starts off fine syncing all my steam purchases thus far no problem. Then it states "Windows cannot find '...FastasyGrounds.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." and then eventually "UpdaterEngine: Unable to restart FantasyGrounds.exe, Program Path: C:/Program Files (x86)/FantasyGrounds/FantasyGrounds.exe, Command Line -z Error1223"

How do I fix this?

EDIT: Alright, somewhat fixed. I was going under the original Fantasy Grounds which doesn't seem to work but going under Unity it did. Is that how it is supposed to work?
    Last edited by Amante; April 13th, 2021 at 02:45.

Blog Entries
    Welcome. Sorry you had a challenge, but glad you got it partly (?) solved.

FGClassic and FGUnity are two different programs and use different licenses. Though it sounds like your anti-virus/security software has quarantined your FG files. Check to see if it has, and that the missing executables are where it says they are.

If that doesn't resolve, try installing off the website here rather than Steam, its the same program and all that. Let us know!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information