5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Migrating campaign from Test to Live

I am planning on starting a new campaign soon, and am intending to use 4.1. I was initially planning on waiting until 4.1 goes live (for the lighting, but more so for Pathfinder 2 features), but I am not sure when that will happen. If I start the campaign in the Test channel, how difficult will it be to migrate it to Live, for both the DM and the Players. Or should I just wait for 4.1 to go live first?

You would be advised not to start a campaign using the test version. It will probably work fine when 4.1 goes live but taking that chance is a risk. I'd suggest that you start in live and add in the lighting when it's released.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by flashgordon View Post
    I am planning on starting a new campaign soon, and am intending to use 4.1. I was initially planning on waiting until 4.1 goes live (for the lighting, but more so for Pathfinder 2 features), but I am not sure when that will happen. If I start the campaign in the Test channel, how difficult will it be to migrate it to Live, for both the DM and the Players. Or should I just wait for 4.1 to go live first?
    Wait for Live release. I did a test game with our campaign from Live -> Test and after 15 minutes performance was so bad nobody was able to move their tokens. We gave up and went back to Live.

Ok, I think I will start my campaign when 4.1 goes live. There is some automation work for character setup being added in the next pathfinder ruleset release, but that release is apparently dependent on 4.1.

For now, I will just build my campaign in the test channel.

Don't build the campaign in the test channel as there is no guarantee it will transition successfully to live.

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    Wait for Live release. I did a test game with our campaign from Live -> Test and after 15 minutes performance was so bad nobody was able to move their tokens. We gave up and went back to Live.
    This was introduced with the april 1st patch sadly, prior to this it was actually playable.

I am running on test because the PF2e automation was just so appealing I couldn't help myself (plus it released before the lighting went into test)

We're currently playing one map from our campaign in TEST mode. When we proceed in the live build, would exporting the characters in TEST and import them in the live version work? Or do we have to transfer all changes to characters and equipment manually?

I can't say since I haven't tested; but if you've added effects to the characters such as lights or vision those won't work in live. But otherwise I think it should be ok. However back everything up first.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sangusin View Post
    We're currently playing one map from our campaign in TEST mode. When we proceed in the live build, would exporting the characters in TEST and import them in the live version work? Or do we have to transfer all changes to characters and equipment manually?
    Just in case anyone else wondered: Yep, worked without problems.

Further to this, is there a way to transfer maps that I've set up with lighting and LOS to the non-test ("Live") mode? Explain it to me like I'm a noob, because I am.
    Thanks in advance!

Thread Information