5E Character Create Playlist

Pushing 'ESC' while dragging dice roll issue

I had an issue come up where I was dragging attack and damage rolls from the Combat Tracker to targets and I pushed the Esc key to cancel after I had grabbed the wrong die roll. This left the combat tracker in a weird state where it wouldn't roll other actions except for the cancelled roll.

In a new 5e campaign, no extensions, characters, data, etc.
    1. Load Monster Manual
    2. Add an NPC to the CT. I'll use an Aarakocra for example
    3. Expand the Aarakocra's offense list
    4. On the "Talon" action, click, hold, and drag ATK: +4. A d20 appears - keep holding
    5. While holding the d20, push the Esc key. The d20 disappears, hopefully canceling the roll
    6. Now, try rolling damage instead - on the "Talon" action, click, hold, and drag DMG: 1d4+2 slashing. A d20 appears instead of the expected roll and ATK: +4 is highlighted
    7. Roll the die, the attack is rolled instead of damage. After this, damage could be rolled.

It also impacts rolling by double clicking:
    1. On the "Talon" action, click, hold, and drag ATK: +4, then push Esc to cancel
    2. Double click DMG: 1d4+2 slashing. It'll roll the attack instead. Repeat and it'll keep rolling attacks instead of expected damage.

Switching to a different action seems to work, but the cancelled one still has issues later:
    1. On the "Talon" action, click, hold, and drag ATK: +4, then push Esc to cancel
    2. On the "Javelin" action, click, hold, and drag ATK: +4 to the chat box, the javelin attack is rolled as expected
    3. On the "Javelin" action, click, hold, and drag DMG: 1d6+2 to the chat box, the javelin damage is rolled as expected
    4. On the "Talon" action, click hold, and drag DMG: 1d4+2 to the chat box, a d20 appears and the talon attack is unexpectedly rolled

v4.0.10
    5e ruleset v2021-04-06
    Windows 10

Thanks for the very detailed walkthrough. I was able to recreate; and I'll have a fix in place for the next release build.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information