DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Here is a new video is al about The Spike by The Maple Table. https://youtu.be/7E9g0pUo7vY
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Quote Originally Posted by Transbot9 View Post
    Seems a little bland but it would work fine. Personally, I'd go to google maps and find about a square mile or 10 by 10-ish blocks of a major city. A lot of the art of the station seems to have a whole "Bigger on the inside" thing going on. I suspect that sizable portions of the station have entire buildings that are on their own demiplane (like an "Office of Holding"), but it's more likely that writers and artists aren't engineers and sometimes have trouble with big things at massive scale (Star Trek has this issue a lot).

While Paizo has been sticking with the official size being 5 miles wide, my personal headcannon is that the "5 mile diameter" applies to the central dome. Solves a lot of the "fridge logic," especially since without it there are ships as big as the station orbiting it (yay, SUPERCOLOSSALS!). Either way, the Starstone serving as a dimensional anchor is probably the only thing that prevents the sheer mass of the fleet orbiting the station from wrecking gravitational havoc.

For reference, "5 miles" is a homage to Babylon 5's stated length in the show as 5 miles long in the intro and the VFX crew outright stating "Oh, yeah, that's just the main habitat cylinder, the whole thing is closer to 8." The average Star Wars Star Destroyer is about a mile long and Vader's Executor Super Star Destroyer is 11 miles long.

So, um, don't worry to much about size or mapping out the whole section?
    That is very true the art for the station definitely gives off that kind of vibe, I do really like that google idea though I think that would definitely help. In terms of the stadium thing I was mostly thinking of it for size and shape and then was gonna fill it in with buildings so could possibly mix the two ideas together.

I 100% agree there I feel like the station is a lot bigger than what it states with like how you mentioned the Armarda being attached to it with all the different size ships it has, I do definitely need to not worry about the size so much I think it's a big problem of mine I always try to make things exact even though it doesn't need to be, very big pain in the butt if I do say so myself. Thank you very much for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
    Here is a new video is al about The Spike by The Maple Table. https://youtu.be/7E9g0pUo7vY
    Ooo excellent thanks, Ulric!

Thread Information