STAR TREK 2d20

Handling persistent damage effects

Hello.

We are using persistent damage effects like: (Crit) Acid Splash; PERS: 2d6 acid

When the target of said effect ends its turn then FGU properly rolls the damage and flat check. But neither the damage is applied to the affected creature nor does a succeeded flat check remove the effect.

What are we doing wrong?

I'm not sure - it seems to be working correctly. I'm on the TEST server though with release 18t7 PFF2 ruleset - if that matters.

Have you any steps to reproduce?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for checking! I created a new PF2 campaign, no extensions, no modules and it works there. So I will go through all extensions and modules now to find the culprit. Once found I will report back.

Found it: If the "Instant Dice" extension is set to disable dice animation then persistent damage rolls are made but not applied to the CT.

This fits my earlier observation that there is some interaction between effects being applied and Instant Dice, because every time an effect is added or removed we get a single 3D dice roll instant of instant roll.

Ah, jolly good. Thanks for the follow up.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Not so good for our groups as we now have to decide between manually handling persistent damage or using unwanted 3D rolls. This is the only time we saw Instant Dice fail to function with automation yet.

Thread Information