5E Character Create Playlist

FGU fails install on Mac OSX - Fantasy Grounds setup fails to run

I've seen possibly related questions but nothing that addresses this issue specifically. The two pieces of standard advice do not fix the issue (I'm installing to default folders, and changing permissions on folders does not resolve the issue as the installer overwrites those permissions when it destroys then creates the existing install folder).

This instruction sheet fails at step 6 (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ing+on+Mac+OSX ).

The resolution:

User needs to run the install per instructions up through step 5. In order to progress to step 6, user needs to:
    - open Finder or Spotlight or Terminal and navigate to : /Applications/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/FGUpdaterEngine
    - launch the FGUpdaterEngine.app found in that folder
    - the .app will run through an update and close
    - user can now navigate to : /Applications/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/ and launch FantasyGroundsUpdater.app
    - the .app will take user to step 6, and the installation can continue.

The updater can also be found in Launchpad/Programs folder (SmiteWorks subfolder). This is how I completed the installation.

Blog Entries
    Welcome zipl.

Thanks for the detailed post and the resolution. I'm sure the devs will be along to review this and get the right developer on it to see what they can do to replicate and resolve this issue. I suspect they will have some more questions for you when they do

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I had already forwarded this one to our updater developer, and it is on their list to investigate.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information