5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Combat Tracker and manual entry question

Hello, how are you guys? I need some advice on the next dilemma:

Lockdowns and restrictions were announced in my town so we kinda need to move the campaign to FG. The problem is that the PC's don't want to use the automation of dice rolling integrated on FGU and only use the program for battlemap view, etc. They want to manually roll the dice and tell me via discord the result.
    This is problematic, due to players announcing the roll and damage they do to a monster, how can I add that damage quick to the Combat Tracker without the need to manually replace the current WND (wound) doing math? Is there a way to do this, for example me typing in the WND section X number and the next time someone hits the same monster for X number again, i just type the number and the Combat Tracker does the math alone??
    I don't think its possible but well, who knows, maybe it is.

If not, what would you do in this circumstance of players wanting to roll manual dice and announcing them? Is there a way to quickly make a Damage type on chat and dragging that to a token to make the damage??

I hope I explained myself well enough, english is not my native tongue.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks and have a good one!!!

Blog Entries
    have everyone turn on manual rolls.
    use the FG automation but when they click on something that would roll dice it will ask them to input the numbers from their own dice.

As for quick entry.... I always add a power to all my characters that has 2 effects. one is a single point of healing, and the other a single point of damage. Then i can just use the Modifier on the main page, then drag that effect where needed. Someone does 32 damage? Adjust the modifier to be +31, then drag the single point of damage over.

This unfortunately ignores damage type, so will not function with specific resists or immunities. You COULD make a single point of damage for each damage type. Seems tedious, but you only have to do it once, then the same process works for them all.

My current group likes to roll their own dice for many things. Not physical dice though, they just want to click the roll button rather than having the game roll their death saves, saving throws versus spells, etc..... Slowly but surely, they are seeing the benefit in actually letting the automation do the work for them. But me personally, once moving to a platform like this, I would certainly move away from any physical dice rolling and entering in the numbers manually. That's just me.
    i3ullseye

~ You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!

Ultimate License holder

Thread Information