DICE PACKS BUNDLE

D&D Beyond Integration Tips

Hello!
    I'm still pretty new to using FGU as our VTT, but my friends and I are all quite familiar with (and like) D&D Beyond for character creation/management. I have a few questions about that:

Are there any officially sanctioned methods of integrating D&D Beyond with FGU? I found this little gem:
    https://www.beyond2fgconvert.com/
    ...which has worked really well for importing new characters from D&D Beyond into FGU, but it doesn't seem to work well with updating existing characters (like when someone levels up). I'd love to be able to update a character's stats and attributes via import without overwriting inventory, etc. ...and I'd rather not have to spend a bunch of time editing XML to do it. Is anyone else using D&D Beyond for character management? If so, what methods are you using to sync character sheets between D&D Beyond and FGU?

I realize this need may diminish as we get more comfortable with character management in FGU itself, but comparatively speaking, FGU is MUCH less intuitive than D&D Beyond. Also, I don't want to have to be logged into our campaign (I'm the DM and I'm the one carrying the ultimate license) for one of my players to be able to work on their character.

If you're a Fantasy Grounds dev, my quick two cents on this are: Whereas I understand the desire to make your product as standalone as possible, and whereas I understand that licensing can be a b**ch, I'd love to see this platform move in a direction that lets people seamlessly use whatever tools they think work best... whether it's your IP or someone else's. ...and PS: I provide that feedback while acknowledging that there may already be great things you've come up with to support exactly what I'm asking for that I just don't know about yet.

Thanks!

No, there's no integration with D&D Beyond. The Character Wizard is pretty good and is improving all the time; I think it now offers the ability to level up characters as well as initial creation.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

As Zacchaeus said, there is no integration, and likely will not be. D&D Beyond is not part of WotC, it is a 3rd party company with its own licensing agreement.

The way I know some people do it is to initially create the character in Beyond, import it into FG using the link you have. Then they can just level up when connected to your session, it generally only takes a couple of minutes to do so. If they want to prepare, they can level their character and take the time to choose options in Beyond, then just select those same options when leveling in FG.

Thread Information